1994 Acura Legend GS 3.2L V6 Type II from North America

Summary:

Elegant, classic design with fantastic performance

Bose amplifier failed at 100,000 miles.

Driver's side front strut began leaking at 103,000 miles.

Radiator began leaking at 105,000 miles.

Rear transmission mount failed prior to my ownership (it is still broken).

Ignition switch failed at 115,000 miles (rendered car inoperable).

Main relay failed at 129,000 miles (rendered car inoperable).

General Comments:

This car is a head turner. This is the most beautifully designed sedan I've ever seen. Acura has failed to match the 91-95 Legend's beauty with its succeeding models. The interior is gorgeous with real burl wood, nice leather, and a sleek overall look.

The engine is relatively smooth, but I have never driven a Legend whose automatic transmission does not shift a bit harsh. It handles well and feels quite stately (much like a BMW 5-series).

It features things that many new cars don't have such as an electronic tilt/telescoping steering wheel with radio controls on it, heated seats, and traction control.

The seats are comfortable, the rear cabin space is ample, and the vehicle can be used for long trips with little discomfort.

A forewarning to prospective Legend buyers: I have heard numerous accounts of cooling system problems with these cars (all of the 91-95 Legends). The plastic radiators crack letting air into the system. When this happens, the engine can overheat and the head gaskets can fail easily. This is a very common issue with these cars. I have been fortunate not to have this issue (cross my fingers). I recommend an engine compression test prior to purchasing one.

Review Date: 29th July, 2005

1994 Acura Legend GS 3.2 type 2 from North America

Summary:

The last car I want to own

My master switch went bad at 125000.

My door actuator has gone bad as well.

General Comments:

The car has been a dream.

Very reliable car.

Excellent at speeds over 100mph.

Very smooth ride at high speeds.

The car was before its time.

I would love to see a 2005 special edition Acura Legend GS.

If you are looking for a reliable used car, the Acura Legend is the one for you.

Only put 93 gas in the vehicle. 89 gas and lower make the ride sluggish.

Review Date: 21st May, 2004

1994 Acura Legend LS 3.2 from North America

Summary:

It's built the way a car should be built

I am having the A/C compressor replaced, and the paint on the trunk is beginning to fade due to neglect, but so far I have had no problems.

General Comments:

I just got this car. Some people thought I was crazy for buying car with so many miles on it, but it was only $4000 and I fell in love with the 88 Legend that my parents had when I was younger. I know that this car will run well for a long time.

Review Date: 8th August, 2003

1994 Acura Legend L coupe 3.2 V6 from North America

Summary:

With 104k the engine is still tight and fast

Needed to replace differential seals for leaks. I hate leaks. Replaced master cylinder at 88,000 miles.

General Comments:

A very fast car. Freaky fast. Faster than my 95 Legend. Faster than a 98 Trans am v8, 95 300 ZX, or Lexus 400, and I could go on and on. Think the manufacturer put in a racing chip or something.

Review Date: 23rd July, 2003

1994 Acura Legend GS 3.2L V6 from North America

Summary:

Truly a high performance luxury car

Radiator replaced at 100,000 miles.

Antenna motor replaced at 78,000 miles.

General Comments:

The GS edition sedan contains a lot of power, a type2 engine with 230hp.

The steering system is refined, and confident.

The interior is well adjusted for the driver, all controls are perfect.

Review Date: 23rd January, 2002

1994 Acura Legend 3.2L from Hong Kong

Summary:

Underrated executive car

ABS malfunctioned (1998).

Rusted underside of the rear right door (1999).

No other problems thankfully...

General Comments:

Yes, Acura NOT Honda. Hong Kong (ex-colonial Island) is THE ONLY country outside the US to have Acura AND Honda marketed separately with the former being the high-end version...

Very rewarding and reliable (only 1 problem in last 6 years) car to own and drive.

Smooth, powerful (0-60mph in 8.5s - despite auto gearbox) V6 3.2L engine.

Very up-market and loads of gadgets for a 1994 car (eg. ABS, 2x airbags, leather interior (front heated and memory seats), cruise control etc...)

DOWNSIDE: Expensive service costs, drinks petrol like mad (18mpg averaged)...

Review Date: 10th April, 2001

1994 Acura Legend V6 from North America

41K miles, front brake rotors replaced. Nothing else wrong. A little wind noise at Mach 1 otherwise ok.

General Comments:

Smooth mostly silent riding, only one cup holder. Drives straight and fast.

Review Date: 21st June, 1998

8th Jan 2006, 12:57

"Slight wind noise at Mach 1" - you obviously drive you legend like the way I do!

Can't go wrong with a legend!

1994 Acura Legend V6 200hp from North America

After driving the car for about a year now there is nothing that had to be done on it.

General Comments:

I have never driven a car with an automatic transmission that has acceleration like this one. This car feels like a jet and has plenty of room and a comfortable ride.

Review Date: 6th January, 1998