2003 Audi A3 Sport 2.0 FSI from UK and Ireland
Sporty, quality car, spoilt by some minor niggling problems and design faults
1) Intermittent problem of hesitant gearchange from auto box which leads to a jerky ride - not solved by Audi.
2) Whistling noise becomes audible at speeds above 40 mph - Audi adjusted the positioning of the plenum chamber cover, wiper arms and bonnet catch, but noise still present.
1) Attractive styling
2) Smart, elegant interior (if a little dark)
3) Excellent safety features
4) Handling superb (but at a price - very harsh ride... see below!)
5) Brisk acceleration
6) Good build quality, very solid feel.
1) Bad reflection of dashboard in front windscreen and side windows
2) Very firm ride - takes a lot of getting used to
3) Poor heat distribution to the footwells - in winter, driver's left leg gets very hot and right leg remains cool
4) Pedal positions not great and take some getting used to.
5) Don't believe Audi's claim that the FSI engine is more economical - I rarely get over 30mpg.
6) My experience of Audi's after-sales customer care isn't great - failure to call back, not able to offer a suitable courtesy car whilst work carried out.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 7th February, 2006