2010 Audi A4 Reviews

First year of ownership2009
Most recent year of ownership2011
Engine and transmission 2.0 turbo Automatic
Previous carChrysler Pacifica

Summary:

Awesome... but an oil burner!!!

Car burns a quart of oil every 2500 to 3000 miles.

Radio (MMI) frequently comes back on after being turned off when the Navigation is engaged.

General Comments:

So far this car gives me more comfort, pleasure and enjoyment than any car I've ever owned since my 1969 Porsche 911T purchased new in 1969 and driven for four years. I absolutely love the car... but I'm seriously concerned about what I think is abnormal oil consumption. The car is now at 35000 miles, and it seems like the miles per quart are going down, and that is a big concern. It seems ludicrous that a great car of this luxury, comfort and desirability requires that I carry two or three quarts of 5-30 Pennzoil in the back.

Review Date: 4th May, 2011

22nd Nov 2012, 19:24

I also have a 2010 Audi A4 and I have the same problem. Oil consumption is getting worse - about 1 quart every 2000 miles. I took it to the dealer and they told me it is normal. Please be forewarned if you buy an Audi A4.

2010 Audi A4 from North America

Year of manufacture2010
First year of ownership2010
Most recent year of ownership2011
Previous carToyota Solara

Summary:

Best car I have ever had

General Comments:

I love this car! It is a dream to drive, and I have had no problems at all.

The Quattro is amazing, especially when coupled with winter tires.

Last year I was going up a steep, icy hill that no other car made it up. My A4 went up that hill like it was a summer's day, and I passed BMWs, Mercedes, Infinitis (all the other cars I test drove!) and a lot of 4WD drive trucks stranded along the way. When I got to the top, there was no one behind me, and no one else made it. I love my A4.

Review Date: 2nd February, 2011

2010 Audi A4 Premium 2.0 turbo from North America

Year of manufacture2009
First year of ownership2009
Engine and transmission 2.0 turbo Automatic
Previous carVolkswagen GTI

Summary:

This is great looking car, but seriously unreliable

Since day one, I was dealing with excessive oil consumption. I have to add about 2-3 bottles of oil between oil changes. This is horrible for a brand new car.

General Comments:

This vehicle is candy for an eye, but completely unreliable for anyone who is not a mechanic. It's a luxury vehicle that requires a driver to carry few bottles of oil in the trunk and add some every thousand miles. This pure hassle is normal consumption for Audi.

Review Date: 14th May, 2010

14th May 2010, 17:34

What do you mean unreliable? What has broken down on the car? Are there any mechanical or electrical problems that have stranded you?

Oil consumption is worth noting, but it is not unreliability.

16th May 2010, 10:59

Be sure to read the comments on 2008 Audi A4 May 15,2010 on this site. High oil consumption is normal on Audi, but there are some service bulletins.