90% of a Ur quattro for half the running costs
1) Exhaust failed at 100,000.
2) Wishbone and sub frame bushes at 130,000.
3) Cylinder head overhaul at 120,000.
4) Fuel pump had to be replaced at 90,000 as it was getting very noisy. (Early warning of failure).
5) Central locking pump failed at 115,000, I repaired it and then failed again at 155,000, repaired again and presently still o.k.
6) Seat bolster wear (a common problem) at only 70,000miles, repaired twice since, have now had half leather seats fitted in 2005.
7) Rear diff mounts failed at 160,000.
Further items may have failed, but have now completed an overhaul from the ground up replacing EVERYTHING.
Also now fitted the later 7A 20v 5 cylinder engine.
Suspension now uses recommended H&R springs and Koni adjustable dampers and handling is now as a quattro should be...On rails, with excellent turn in and feedback through the steering.
Roof lining was not a good design and a nightmare to clean!
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 21st September, 2005