2001 Buick Century Reviews - Page 4 of 5

2001 Buick Century Limited 3.1L from North America

Engine and transmission 3.1L Automatic
Distance when acquired42000 miles
Previous carPlymouth Neon

Summary:

Very comfortable, but unreliable

Where do I start? This is one of the most comfortable cars I have ever owed.

But as far as reliable, no way.

Intake manifold gasket; $200 doing it myself.

Rear stabilizer bar; $120.

Transmission $2200 dollars.

EGR valve $100.

Now my wheel sensors.

Trading it in. Just in the last couple months I've stuck probably about 3500 dollars. I'm a G.M. guy too. But I would say if you own one, sell it, they're all lemons.

Not to mention the thing is a ticking time bomb if you know what I mean. Love that piston slapping in the morning.

Review Date: 18th February, 2008

26th Feb 2008, 09:34

Just because you have had bad luck with it doesn't mean that you can call them all lemons. Everyone that I have ever talked to who has had one of them has said that it's a really good car. Plus, reliability is also determined by how well you take care of the car. So either you did get a true lemon or you drove the crap out of it. I have one, would buy 5 more if I could. Buick's are AWESOME!!!

2001 Buick Century Limited 3.1 Liter from North America

Year of manufacture2000
Engine and transmission 3.1 Liter Automatic
Distance when acquired42000 miles
Previous carGMC 1/2 Ton

Summary:

This is the most unreliable car I've ever owned

I own a 2001 Buick Century Limited and have owned it for the past 4 years. I have replaced my intake manifold gasket at 80,000 miles, rear stabilizer bar at 82,000 miles.

Now that I have 104,000 miles on it, the transmission has failed. What a great car!.

General Comments:

It's a real comfortable car, just not reliable.

Review Date: 19th November, 2007

2001 Buick Century from North America

Engine and transmission Don't Know

Summary:

Runs good, but there have been too many component failures

General Comments:

I own a 2001 Buick Century. Today I replaced the forth window regulator/motor. Now both front doors and rear doors have been replaced. The cost for the part was $500 and the labor cost was $161. I do not have the skills to do this myself.

The service people showed me the little plastic pulley wheel that failed, and said they could not replace the plastic wheel, but that I needed a new regulator/motor. The cable that raises the window goes through the plastic wheel. I asked if this replacement regulator/motor was from GM and they said yes, but had no answer as to whether this new part has the same problem as the old part.

The failure was not from usage, but from poor product design and usage of inferior materials. I have resisted for a long time, but like many others, I will move to the more reliable foreign car manufacturers and not purchase from GM again.

Review Date: 16th August, 2007

16th Aug 2007, 18:28

Do you own a Buick Century or LeSabre? I was not aware that the window regulator issue was a problem on other Buick models besides the LeSabre. By the way, the imports have their problems too with far less comfort and style than a Buick. I would advise not buying into the theory that Toyota and Honda are the be all to end all, you might be very disappointed.

2001 Buick Century from North America

Previous carChrysler Grand Voyager

Summary:

It's a fine automobile, great gas mileage

Fuel injectors at 76000 miles needed to be replaced. I called Buick warranty dept. and was told to take the car in to have it dignosed at my dealer ship. I did and when I got home they had already called me. I called back and they told me it would cost me $100 to have them replaced. I had it done and Ill sure buy another Buick. If you don't ask you, ll never know what will happen. By the way when you make that call be nice and tell them you love your car and are considering purchasing another one. they need more sales.

General Comments:

I just love the car and nextime I will buy a la sabre.

Review Date: 23rd June, 2007