1976 Buick LeSabre 2-door 231 V6 from North America

Summary:

#1 car I've ever owned!!!

When I bought the car, the brake system needed a complete overhaul. The rear wheel cylinders had seized up because the car had sat in storage for 7+ years. The rear brake line split open the first time I hit the brakes. (This didn't stop me from driving it home from the purchase site though.)

About 3 months after purchase, I had to replace the fuel tank. It had rotted out from being stored with a full tank.

Sometime before I bought the car it was repainted. Now about 4 years after owning it, the clear-coat is starting to peel (buffer burn?, bad prep prior to paint?). Other than that, the car has been very nice to me and still looks sharp for being 30+ years old.

General Comments:

This is the rare V-6 LeSabre. It is not fast off the line, but does get up once it is moving.

The car is very spacious and comfortable.

It has been the center of many family trips and always gains attention. The 2 most common questions we get are "what year is that?" and "do you want to sell it?".

The car floats like a boat and turns with relative ease. I've become very attached to the car and wouldn't trade it for any other.

By the way, the V-6 does ease the woes of gas prices. Sometimes parts are difficult to locate. Last time I bought a distributor cap I had to special order it (took a little over a week to receive). Other than that I can't complain about owning this car.

Review Date: 31st December, 2008

1st Jan 2009, 12:18

I love the old land yachts, and 1976 was the pinnacle in my opinion. I think modern cars have nothing on the full-size and even mid-size cars of the '70's. I wish they still made them like this, but it seems like every year cars get smaller and more bland looking. I guess as society becomes more and more practical cars like this just don't have any place anymore. But why do people want to drive cars with all of the enthusiasm of their refrigerator? Cars were meant to be more than just basic appliances, or at least they used to be back in the "good old days."

8th Jan 2009, 03:25

I have a 1983 Buick LeSabre Limited. It has now 312,000 plus miles on it. The engine has never been re-built or over hauled. It runs incredibly smooth and has tons of torque, and I can and have towed a lot of weight with it even going up hill, and it does so effortless. It has the much larger 307 V-8, which is a highly durable engine.

If you would like to see it, just go to "youTube" and search J45007 and my channel will come up. If you want to, Send me a message and tell me that you saw my comment on "carsurvey". Have a great day!

1976 Buick LeSabre Custom 350 C. I. from North America

Summary:

Quality built car

Radiator will need replaced in near future.

General Comments:

I've only owned this car 2 days and I LOVE it! Purchased from my friend who has owned it since it had only 12,335 miles on it, so I know the car very well. Rides like a Cadillac and looks like a dream. Has some very minor rust, but I may just have the whole car re-painted, I think this car would look FANTASTIC in Black.

Review Date: 17th January, 2008

1976 Buick LeSabre V8 350 from North America

Summary:

He was given to me, but he is worth thousands in my opinion

This car has low gas mileage, so it costs a lot for his basic needs. There are a few things that I have trouble with still: the radiator is starting to act up; the air conditioner never worked since I have had him; and a few odds and ends that I forget the names of.

General Comments:

I love Fred; that is the name the first owner gave him. I, out of respect, kept that name. Fred is the smoothest vehicle I have ever been in. The rust, I think, adds character. Although it's hard to get him up in the morning, when he is up and warm, there's no stopping the power. The interior quality has retained some dignity throughout it's 25 years. There have been several instances where while I was driving down the road and heard some shouts in the next car I was passing from total strangers for Fred. I dread the day that I will have to let go of him, which may be coming all too soon.

Review Date: 22nd June, 2004

9th Feb 2006, 08:24

Wow!... 308515 miles and still running. Has Fred the original engine on it or was it changed?