1976 Buick LeSabre Reviews - Page 2 of 3

1976 Buick LeSabre Custom 7.5 litre from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 7.5 litre Automatic
Previous carFord Sierra

Summary:

A thirsty attention grabber, but in a Huggy Bear sort of way

The exhaust (tail pipe) was not long enough to pass the U.K. motor test.

The switch for the electric aerial failed.

Dodgy trim around one of the rear quarter lights lets in rain water.

General Comments:

Legally seats six in air conditioned luxury.

Has the turning circle of an aircraft carrier.

Not for the shy or retiring type or for anyone wishing to keep a low profile - especially in the U.K.

You have the attention of every motorway cop.

You soon get bored with polishing it - too much tin and chrome.

Review Date: 24th February, 2003

25th Mar 2006, 15:00

I just brought a 455 Buick LeSabre Custom Coupe and my electric aerial button just gave up, and my boot lets in water to, I thought it may be the weather strip, mine is in a red/brown colour. Drop me an email if you can ozzytupo@hotmail.com.

1976 Buick LeSabre Custom V8 350 - 5.7 from North America

Engine and transmission V8 350 - 5.7 Automatic
Previous carDodge Caravan

Summary:

Very comfortable and really good purchase

I just bought the car on the 20th of January, 2003. One thing that was wrong with it was it needed a new gas tank because the one that was on it was leaking and not fixable.

The only other thing wrong was the windshield fluid pump was not drawing up the fluid from the reservoir.

General Comments:

This car is a real steal. I am very happy with my purchase. The car is in excellent factory condition inside and out, with a little rust on the rear bumper. I paid $2000.00 (Canadian) dollars for it and think I made a great deal. It needs very little for certification and it runs like a charm.

I drove the car from Greenwood, Nova Scotia to Guelph, Ontario and it felt like I was in a Limo. It rides low, and handles very well and will reach a speed of 75 miles and hour (120 Kph) before I know it. I caught myself at that speed several times on my trip up to Ontario and it just wants to keep going.

I haven't found anything that I don't like about the car yet, because I am a new owner of this vehicle. For that reason, I will evaluate it as time passes and make updates here.

Review Date: 30th January, 2003

1976 Buick LeSabre Custom 350 V8, Not Original Motor, used to be a 400 from North America

Most recent year of ownership2002
Engine and transmission 350 V8, Not Original Motor, used to be a 400 Automatic
Previous carBuick Skyhawk

Summary:

A Big, Bad, Gas Sucking Beast

The battery was completely drained when I bought the car, and I had to let it sit on the battery charger all day before it would even turn over. Then when I got it back to my house, it wouldn't start again, but I was able to find a battery for only $30. And I think there may be an electrical problem, the lights in the dash are all wacky and turn on and off when you touch different parts of the thing.

General Comments:

For being a '76, the body and interior are really well kept up. Besides a few minor rust spots and some tearing in the leather seats, it's a really nice car both inside and out.

But because of the engine size, the price for gas is bad and I put about $10 bucks in every 3 or 4 days.

Review Date: 5th September, 2002

17th Jan 2012, 23:25

10 bucks every 2-3 days?! My Cavalier is lucky to last me 2 days on 10 bucks, let alone my beasty 455 Buick.

As for your electrical problem, it might be your instrument cluster itself, and you may want to replace it altogether.

18th Jan 2012, 17:51

Notice this review was originally written in 2002 when gasoline was very reasonably priced, probably under $1.50/gallon. These days $10 buys close to 1/3 the gas it did then. Chances are the person who was complaining about the gas consumption then no longer has this car with gas prices at well over $3/gallon. Sadly that is the very reason we will probably never see real cars like the '76 LeSabre again.