1997 Buick LeSabre Reviews - Page 3 of 4

1997 Buick LeSabre Le sabre Limited Ed 3.2 from Mexico

Previous carFord Mustang

Summary:

I would buy it again

Only the water pump, but it was fixed in one hour and runs smoothly again.

General Comments:

This car runs very well and is very silent on road.

I didn't spend much money on gasoline and I do recommend it.

:-)

Review Date: 19th February, 2008

1997 Buick LeSabre Limited 3.6 V6 from North America

Engine and transmission 3.6 V6 Automatic
Distance when acquired92000 miles

Summary:

Superbly comfortable and good gas mileage

Nothing.

General Comments:

Amazingly comfortable car with lots of room and space. Powerful engine with good fuel economy for its size.

I have been adding about 1 ounce of 100% acetone (you can get it in the paint section of Wal- Mart in a blue and yellow colored container) for every ten gallons to get good gas mileage. It also improves the power plus a superb mileage. Drive on both highway and city, it went 498 miles on 15 gallons which is about 33.2 miles per gallon for city and highway combined at a speed of 70 on highway and 50 in cities.

I don't know why would you anyone to buy a Japanese car if it can give you a much better and comfortable ride and extreme reliability.

The suspension is going bad and needs to be changed as the ride has become a little bouncy.

Review Date: 27th November, 2007

7th Dec 2007, 09:35

I bought a Japanese car because I was tired of the interior making settling sounds all day long, and I was tired of engine seals corroding under the pressure of GM's poor choice of fluids. I also do not like the dashboards in Le Sabres. I agree they are GM's best car, but a wall of buttons from the door to the other door just makes me sick.

1997 Buick LeSabre Limited 3.8 from North America

Engine and transmission 3.8 Don't Know
Distance when acquired142000 kilometres
Previous carDodge Dynasty

Summary:

Love it

Hello,

My name is Roy Dobson, and I have a 1997 Buick LeSabre Limited.

I have had this car for about 7 months now, and in June of this year, I was going on vacation, when all of the sudden the RPM gauge started to chug at low RPM speed (about 1000-2500 RPM).

Now when I sped up, it would be fine and would not do it for a minute, then it would do it again. It was a little noticeable when you would drive on a level grade, but when you started to go uphill, it would get worse.

It only seems to do it when the car is warm, and I took it to Canadian Tire for a diagnostic, and they said nothing was wrong, even on the road test.

If anyone has any ideas, could you please email me with a solution of what it could be at roy_dobson@hotmail.com

That would be very appreciated.

Yours truly,

Roy Dobson.

General Comments:

I really like this car, except for the chugging RPM problem.

Review Date: 23rd October, 2007

24th Jan 2009, 22:04

I have 2 '97 LeSabres. Sometimes the check engine light will come on when it chugs. I had to replace the fuel cap because the fuel tank will lose the 1.5 pounds pressure it needs (common problem). I bought one from Canadian tire that you don't remove; it has a hole with a flapper in it. (problem solved).

Have the filler tube checked for pin holes from rust, had to replace one to fix problem. Also (FYI) the intake manifold is plastic; when it goes (either old or backfire will take it out) it will also fill the engine with antifreeze. Some mechanics will tell you it's a blown head gasket.

Marty.

1997 Buick LeSabre V6 from North America

Engine and transmission V6 Automatic

Summary:

Poor Buick should have recalled this part.. manifold intake

Intake manifold (plastic) overheated and antifreeze poured into my engine. This is known by anyone who works on Buick's with a V-6. Defective part and GM too cheap to do a recall. Is what I have been told. Costing me a bunch and now afraid to keep the car... more problems down the line from this damage. Know wonder GM is having problems keeping up with Honda and Nissan. Never will I buy another Buick and maybe not even a GM all together. My father retired from GM in 1971..he would be ashamed if he where still with us.

Review Date: 9th January, 2006

10th Jan 2006, 20:26

GM Issued a recall for the plastic intake manifold on the 3.1L and 3.8L V6 in May 1999 for all vehicles equipped with those engines from 1997-1999. The original owner would have received this recall in the mail. Not you. The original owner probably never had a problem with it so he never got the work done. Caveat Emptor.