1980 Buick Park Avenue 5.7 liter V8 no injection from Lebanon

Summary:

Wow, outstanding, great, reliable, best muscle car ever

None to be mentioned.

General Comments:

Amazing car, unforgettable ride, powerful engine; all but few words to give it the respect it deserves.

Review Date: 22nd April, 2010

22nd Apr 2010, 14:12

A 5.7 Liter V8 with no injection!? No way! I've always wanted one of those, but I always got stuck with a 5.7 Liter V8 with a CARBURETOR.

1980 Buick Park Avenue 350 cui. V8 from North America

Summary:

A fun to drive, cheap and reliable car

Wipers don't always work properly.

Power antenna not working.

Throttle got stuck when I first bought it at 60 km/h, on a small road. (scary)

Leaking oil onto spark plugs and driveway.

Hood no longer pops open.

General Comments:

I love this car. It is the perfect first car for anybody, as long as they have enough money for gas.

It's really powerful and the 350 V8 has a lot of torque, but for the first 5 or 10 minutes after start-up there is a lot of hesitation... but that has to be expected with the mileage it has.

Sitting in the car is just like sitting on a sofa at home, and it looks great with all the wood trim.

The biggest problem is the fact that the stereo is an 8-track.

The car also runs pretty hot, but hasn't over-heated yet.

I bought it for $750, and in my opinion it's worth 2 or 3 times that much. I have a feeling I'll own this car for a long time.

The trunk probably has enough space for at least 30-40 bags of groceries!!!

The car is easy to work on as well, which is good for someone that doesn't know much about cars, but wants to learn.

I am only the 3rd owner in 23 years, and the car basically runs perfect.

It handles a bit like a boat, but it's not too bad for a car this size. It has sharp steering and is surprisingly maneuverable around tight and twisty roads.

It gets 14.3 mpg right now (16.5L/100km)

Review Date: 23rd September, 2003