2001 Cadillac Deville from North America

I've had this car for 3 years now. I have had to replace 3 window regulators, all rotors due to vibration, torque converter, and will need to do some minor rust repair around the license plate. Car uses 2 quarts of oil regularly month to month.

But I must say none of these things began to happen to this car until 160,000 miles, so for all the negative feedback, I'd say some people are lucky and some aren't.

Review Date: 6th August, 2010

2001 Cadillac Deville from North America

Summary:

Would trade it in if I could afford to

My accelerator got stuck while entering onto the interstate, and I had to ride my brakes for 10 miles until I could get off the interstate and find a safe place to turn it off and take it out of gear. Thus causing the brakes to catch fire.

I was told by repair individual that the bracket that holds the wires by the throttle came lose. I was told it is just one of those things that happens.

Review Date: 22nd July, 2010

23rd Jul 2010, 02:21

That's a serious problem with very low miles. I recommend contacting the manufacturer and also the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). There could be other cars similar to yours that have that issue. If that is the case, they would issue a recall on such an issue.

23rd Jul 2010, 09:22

Why not shut it off and tow it, and call for a ride. That's a lethal choice.

2001 Cadillac Deville Base 4.6 Northstar from North America

Summary:

Expensive piece of junk

I bought the car with 75000 miles on it. It now has 76000. In this 1000 mile distance, I have replaced both front wheel bearings, left inner tie rod, and a sway bar linkage.

The things that have broken but are not fixed yet are; the emissions pump, right front window switch, left rear window motor and left outer tie rod end, and fuel level sensor.

General Comments:

This car is the most gorgeous piece of junk on the road. it has gone through 4 qts of oil in 1000 miles. The power steering pump has an obnoxious hissing noise. The interior is big and roomy with comfortable seats. I am afraid to use any of it, in fear of it breaking and getting stuck with a large repair bill.

Review Date: 25th June, 2010

26th Jun 2010, 18:57

Now you know 'why' the guy was selling it... Caveat mentaire' you didn't do your due diligence.

25th Aug 2010, 06:18

I bought it from a "Reputable" dealership. The car now has 80,000 miles, so in 7000 miles, 12 qts of oil. The check engine soon light comes on, even after I have replaced everything that is wrong with it. No more Cadillacs for me.

6th Oct 2010, 13:06

Update: I put some restore additive in it and now the oil consumption has decreased from two qts. to one qt. every thousand miles. Service engine soon light will not go out, no matter what. Says there are no problems.

2001 Cadillac Deville from North America

Summary:

BEWARE -- Too many problems!! Expensive parts

I bought this car when it was seven years old, and it had 85,000 miles on it from an old lady.

Within the first month, my starter needed to be replaced for $600, and it required a special code for an additional $130!!

3 out of 4 window regulators went out on me the second month.

Ohhhhh and it gets worse ---- this car was burning up 3 quarts of oil every month, and I had to keep returning to get oil added due to an apparent oil leak.

The A/C would not work on any setting other than 1,2 or 3, so forget it if you wanted it full blast.

I would never own another Cadillac, even if it was free!!

General Comments:

Overpriced piece of junk.

However it is comfortable and luxurious inside.

Review Date: 24th June, 2010

24th Jun 2010, 13:18

If you buy a used car with 85000 miles and 9 years old, it sounds like you act like it's a new car with problems that are only 1 month old. Buy a new one first.

26th Jun 2010, 10:52

I have always purchased used cars and never experienced this number of problems probably in my entire ownership. The DeVille is a trouble prone model, just look at other reviews on this site.