2001 Cadillac DeVille from North America

Summary:

Great car; I blame the dealership and manufacturer :-(

The major thing, is really big. It was leaking oil, it was on my garage floor, it was an ongoing thing. I took it to the dealer I purchased it from; they told me $4,600.00 to repair a blown head gasket, and I was told not to drive it as it could catch on fire. My husband had recently passed, I went home totally depressed. I called Cadillac with no results whatsoever.

I took to other reputable mechanics; it was not the head gasket, it is a fault in the Northstar engine. It did use a lot of oil (about 1 quart per month). The kicker to this is the dealership charged me $50.00 dollars for the diagnosis. I did sell the car with full disclosure of my problem. I had to sell cheaper than if in good condition.

I failed to mention that I called Cadillac many times. I was told by a supervisor that it is old anyway. Wow.

Review Date: 18th June, 2014

29th Jul 2014, 20:54

I currently own a 2002 Deville with 72K miles. Bought it as a certified car in 2005. It uses a quart of oil in 1K miles. Supposedly normal. Otherwise, it's a great car. If it was driving well, I would not have sold it. Just add oil as needed.

DPC

2001 Cadillac DeVille DHS from North America

Summary:

Very costly

While I was under the bumper to bumper warranty, and the extended warranty, which was 5 years, I had 26 warranty items from sensors, windows, to the entire computer (brain) going out. Also had the oil consumption issues. However the car runs very well.

General Comments:

I love the Cadillac ride, but have never had this many problems with a vehicle in 40 years of driving.

Review Date: 15th June, 2011

16th Jun 2011, 11:43

Please read the annual Consumers Report Auto Guide that comes out every year in April before buying any future cars... new or used.. it will give you the good and bad cars available in the market place...

Also breaking down on the freeways and roads in this country or any country can be very dangerous... there are people that prey on people in this unfortunate situation... some of these people can be very dangerous in the right situation... mostly striking in the early morning or late at night...

2001 Cadillac DeVille fuel injected from North America

Summary:

Love it when it works. Sucks when it needs fixing

So I have had my Cadillac Deville for about two & a half years now. I have had similar problems to other people here.

For sure, the engine sucks oil like nobody's business. But when I start my car, it also does a jerking back and forth while under 10mph, & lately has begun to do it at higher speeds.

My car has died over a dozen times, but also restarts immediately after. It has died while driving, and the check engine light and battery light pops on. I am positive that the battery just needs replacing.

I also have a very shaky car whenever I brake, but again, I know that I need new brake pads.

My heated seat on the driver's side has gone out, and all of the cigarette lighters have blown and no longer work.

Driver's side view mirror has warped, which I still cannot figure out how to fix.

I have had to replace the air ride suspension sensor, which set me back about 800.00 all said and done.

For right now, that's all that I can think of.

General Comments:

When my car is working well, I love it. When it's needing to be fixed, it sucks. But my brother works at a Cadillac dealership, and he even said that a Cadi requires a lot of maintenance, but when they're running well, people love them for their elegance and great smooth riding. So you make the choice. Love your car.

Review Date: 5th October, 2010