2010 Chery Tiggo TXE 2.0 from South Africa

All that glitters is not gold

BE CAREFUL WHEN BUYING A CHERY, you might incur a lot of expense and no help.

When we took delivery of the automobile, we noticed that the transmission took 15 seconds before it kicked into reverse.

Sent the car back to dealer, 2 MONTHS LATER. Dealer's report said that the gearbox must be replaced. This car's warranty only expired in March 2013. Chery S.A. feels that car is out of warranty, so it is not their problem.

Should Chery not be concerned with such bad reviews?

Review Date: 27th August, 2013

19th Oct 2013, 09:28

Still waiting for the car.

This is now late October. Emailed everybody from Cherry S A to China. The dealership that we bought the Chery Tiggo from have now changed our car for a reliable good old VW Polo.

My advice. LEAVE CHERY alone.

25th Oct 2013, 11:59

I have my Chery for about 5 months - and now I'm also experiencing the gearbox problem. When I stop at a stop light, as soon as I push the accelerator, my car runs BACK for about 2 meters...

I stay in quite a remote place and no one can FIND the place to change the transmission oil. Could someone please assist??? Would be much appreciated (no warning light on my dash board).

9th Jan 2014, 15:02

Wish I had read this before I bought my Chery.

I bought my 2009 model in May 2012, and now the gearbox is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Can anybody help with advice – what do I do now – where can I find a second-hand automatic gearbox?

Just my luck that I bought the car just after the warranty expired, and I never took the extra insurance.

Any help would be so much appreciated.

Thanks, Melissa Strydom – 078 621 7405

2010 Chery Tiggo 2.0 from South Africa

Be afraid - be VERY afraid

Too many to mention - and this saga is continuing.

General Comments:

If it was, what it is advertised as, it would be a totally different story.

Review Date: 18th October, 2010

19th Oct 2010, 06:51

Not much of a review if you don't say what is wrong with it.

21st Oct 2010, 04:51

On the 29th July 2010, I bought a Chery Tiggo 2.0 TXE.

On Friday 15 October 2010, I experienced challenges with the clutch, and as a matter of fact, the car was towed to the workshop by their road assistance. I am mostly disturbed by the message that was conveyed to me, that even though the car is still under warranty, the clutch warranty has expired in 3 months at 5000 kms. The worst thing is that they told me about this after they had seen the mileage on the car. The car is still under warranty as such at the moment. I feel I am being treated unfairly by Chery Motors, taking into consideration that this is my first challenge with them after the purchase.

I have a feeling that they are aware of the faulty clutch in these cars. I have also goggled the challenges that Chery owners experience on these cars, and the clutch gear lever is mentioned more than once. I need to hear from you what options do I have on this matter, and how will Chery Tiggo assist me. I am desperate as I need the car to move around; my job requires a car to be able to deliver effectively. Presently I am stuck in the office, and management is definitely not impressed. Now I am beginning to regret buying this car. P.

2nd Apr 2013, 05:00

I am just wondering if you still have this car?

2nd May 2013, 01:30

I totally agree that the Chery Tiggo is not what they portray it to be. Ever since I purchased it, I have had endless problems. I can't help but think of the phrase "All that glitters is not gold".

On the purchase date, the steering rattled like it was going to fall off.

After a year, the cheap material used on the handles and interior started fading and peeling off.

It's really, really slow.

I won't consider ever buying another one.