Great car for little money
Great car in my opinion. The car had a few problems, but how many cars are problem free?
1. A small metal plate under the gear stick (it was difficult to change gears) had to be replaced. That was faulty, but it wasn't that expensive to do.
2. Catalytic convertor had to be removed, but I now drive without it. I had the exhaust system bypass the convertor (makes the car sound like a diesel, but it doesn't bother me at all).
3. The river flooded once (45000km), my whole engine flooded when driving through the deep water, but had it air cleaned (all water blown out of the engine) and it never gave any problems again.
I couldn't afford to service my Chery most of the times, so in its entire lifetime it only went for 2 small services, and it now has 145 000km and is still going strong (the warranty expired because I couldn't afford servicing).
4. I've noticed the Chery Tiggo in South Africa has very bad resale value.
1. Great on gravel roads, nice ground clearance.
2. Great to drive, easy to drive; my son learned to drive in this car.
3. Lots of space. HUGE boot and lots of space for everyone.
4. In my opinion, a very reliable engine with a very solid body.
5. I don't know how it is possible, but I never replaced any of the tires on my Chery Tiggo in 145 000 km and they are still legal according to SA requirements.
I noticed most people complain about the auto gearbox having major issues. I have the manual gearbox.
Great, great car for the money; it is well worth it.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 22nd May, 2014