2011 Chery Tiggo LXE 2.0 petrol from South Africa

Good car - No after sales support, don't buy

Power steering pump failed twice; once under 1000km, and the other time under 30 000km; both times replaced under warranty.

Rear tires were swapped with worn out ones at the 15 000 service. I had to purchase new ones as the garage denied this.

ABS light is always on. Been to the service station 5 times; they are unable to fix this.

Catalytic converter had to be replaced at 60 000.

Spare wheel cover at the back was broken when I received the car. Was promised a new one. After 76 000 km and 16 months, still nothing, except that they expect me to pay for the replacement.

Service book not stamped at services.

Tow bar fitted by the dealer catches the bottom of the boot door when opening and closing, and reduces the car's ground clearance by about 200mm as it's mounted under the body.

Lists of issues reported before services do not get looked at at all, like replacement of batteries on the remote, checking of oil leaks.

Shudder and noise when I reverse, started directly after I received my car back from a week's service to fix a problem caused by the catalytic converter.

Service team did not do the scheduled check and replacement of front brake pads at the 75 000km service.

General Comments:

This car is really great to drive on gravel roads; very soft and comfortable. However the ground clearance is significantly reduced by the tow-bar and this limits me a lot, as it catches on the average speed hump in my complex.

The service in South Africa is past the point of being unreasonably bad; I serviced my car at the head office and three other garages; only one gave me service where I did not have to go back to them afterwards. My car was booked in for a week at one dealer with a list of issues to be looked at; they only did an oil and filter service, and ignored all the other problems. Got the car back after a week with all the problems listed exactly as they were before. The service manager just ignores emails, and claims they fixed everything. Remote battery is still dead, oil leak is still there, shudder on reverse is still there, non closing spare wheel cover is still not closing.

Review Date: 2nd May, 2014

6th May 2014, 04:21

How can this car be considered "good" when it has gone through 2 power steering pumps in 30000 km and a cat converter (!$) at 60000 km! Plus all the other faults mentioned.

8th May 2014, 03:34

I have had too many problems as well. I have a Tiggo 2.0 TXE Auto.

The cat was replaced at 45000KM under warranty, then it stuffed out again and had to pay R2000.00 for them to weld the sensor on.

The high pressure pipe on the power steering burst while I was driving and had to be replaced.

The ABS sensor gave in and I had to replace the whole hub unit.

The temperature sensor for the fan stopped working and the car was getting overly hot; had to pay R1500.00.

Now the gearbox light comes on when the car changes from 1st to 2nd gear, only when cold. The service centre says they can't see that.

Too many issues for a new vehicle. I would seriously not recommend this vehicle for anyone to purchase.

14th Jun 2014, 11:51

I think the writer said good to drive, and does not recommend this car at all. It's definitely not a good car with all these issues listed. I will not purchase this car; as you mentioned with all those issues, this is not a good car, not even a bad car, but a really bad, stay far away car.

2011 Chery Tiggo 200/AT from Iraq

Compared with its price, it's very good

The dealer advised me to change the transmission oil every 12000 KM!

After an oil change, sometimes I hear a low knock in the transmission and the gear icon appears in the dashboard. When I switch off and restart, the icon does not appear again. This happens occasionally. I looked in the operating manual, but I couldn't see what this icon refers to. Even they didn't say to change the transmission oil every 12000 KM!

General Comments:

The Tiggo is nice car with a cheap price.

It's stable on the road, but the acceleration is not good I think because our fuel is too bad.

The driver's seat is not too comfortable for long distance drives.

Review Date: 27th April, 2013

19th Jun 2013, 03:12

I am from Iraq. I have a Tiggo 2011 2.0 AT. I have a problem with the transmission; while the transmission changes from speed to speed, I sense occasionally a sudden clear knock in the transmission and a red gear signal appears in the dashboard. When I switch off and on again, it disappears. But the situation happens from time to time. Does anyone have any advice?

In general I do not like the auto transmission DP0 used in the Tiggo, because its maintenance is very difficult and very, very troublesome, and I see it as being unreliable and not heavy duty.

Also here in Iraq, the Tiggo agent after sales maintenance is not reliable, and the workers are not capable and experienced, especially for complex things like the automatic transmission.

I bought the car for $12500, but I would never advise others to buy it.

Laith J. 2013-6-16

3rd Sep 2013, 05:13

Same problem with me, noise between gear changes and the gear icon appears in the dashboard, but disappears sometimes after a while without any interference.

The maintenance in Iraq is very unreliable, and they advise drivers to change gear oil every 15000 km! This is totally wrong and unprofessional.

The DP0 transmission is greased for life, and the oil level only needs to be topped up if leaks are present. Don't replace the gear oil, because it has many chambers and needs to be programmed again.

Greetings from Karbala.