2010 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 2LT 1.6 Liter ecoTech 4 Cylinder from North America

Summary:

The Chevrolet Aveo Sedan is a practical and functional sub-compact sedan

Nothing so far.

General Comments:

I really like the Chevrolet Aveo Sedan. It is a great reliable little car that offers many features for the class.

I previously owned a 2009 Toyota Yaris, and when I heard about the recall, I looked into it. My faith in Toyota had lapsed, and I decided to buy a Chevrolet. The dealer was very cooperative and offered many incentives for coming to Chevy and previously owning a Toyota. I would recommend this to any Toyota owner who is affected by the recall.

The Aveo is a great small car. I got the top of the line 2LT trim level. I added the automatic because I am not good with manuals. I also choose the steel wheels, because they are cool looking. And I added the sunroof, because I think it would be useful.

I also added the Driver Convenience Package, which included the Driver Information Center and steering wheel mounted audio controls. I believe these features should be standard, but for $190 it isn't that big a deal.

I also added metallic paint, leatherette seating surfaces and anti-lock brakes. They were worth it, and the leatherette is much more supportive than the cloth seats.

The standard and only radio is an AM/FM/XM unit with CD and MP3 playback. There is also an AUX jack for audio input. It comes with six speakers. It sounds decent, but the sources list is pretty good. The XM radio is totally worth the monthly fee and offers plenty of content.

As with all GM vehicles, OnStar is standard. The safety features are handy and the pre-paid minutes for the OnStar calling is useful. And the remote door unlock is great.

The climate control system is a manual single zone system. There is plenty of hot and cold, but constantly adjusting the fan can get annoying after a while.

Handling of the Aveo is decent. The 1.6 Liter 4 cylinder is powerful enough for a car of this size. The 4 speed automatic is OK but ancient. It tends to cling to top gear and is rudimentary, but it moves the car with little input from the driver.

Total I paid $17,785 for my Aveo Sedan after receiving $1,500 in buyers cash and incentives. I have a fairly loaded Aveo. The only options that I didn't select were the chrome mirror caps, spoiler, and side spoiler. I am not a spoiler person so I didn't choose them.

All in all I love the Aveo Sedan 2LT. It is actually a better sedan that the Yaris or Versa. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a sub-compact sedan.

Review Date: 19th March, 2010

20th Mar 2010, 21:23

I'm glad you are happy with your purchase. And I hope your little car holds up well. These Aveo's are actually Daewoo's from Korea disguised and marketed by Chevy. Please keep us updated on your review in the "comments" section as you put more miles on it, as your Aveo is barely broken in. Longer time with ownership really does tell the whole story.