2000 Chevrolet Blazer from North America

Got my 2000 Blazer in 2003 with about 30k miles on it. Have had many of the same problems as others.

Fuel Pump replaced twice, won't start now and is sitting in the driveway.

Front ball joints replaced.

Disc brakes replaced.

Most recent annoyance besides the fact that it won't run... left front directional not working. Have replaced bulbs and flasher and still won't work.

Also the usual noisy driver side door and unidentifiable clangs. Also a thump sound from the rear when I back up.

Am looking at getting rid of this asap.

Too bad cause I have had other Chevy's without any problems.

Review Date: 13th October, 2005

2000 Chevrolet Blazer TrailBlazer 4.30V6 VORTEC from North America

Like a woman, a lot of maintenance, but fun to drive

All Ball joints have been replaced.

Pitman arms.

Alternator died.

Door pins and bushings.

Fuel pump and sending unit.

Oil Cooler lines leaked.

Both front hub assemblies replaced.

Rear-end cover rotted out, replaced.

CV joints both replaced.

Wheel bearings, twice replaced.

Brakes, twice replaced. 1 time for calipers.

Tie rod ends replaced.

Steering knuckles, replaced.

Power locks malfunction.

Paint from roof rack peeling.

Differential seals leaked and were replaced.

General Comments:

WOW, was I glad I purchased an extended warranty. No lie, I had more warranty work done in two and a half years than the Blazer cost. All "regularly scheduled maintenance" was performed by the dealer. Still the parts went to heck. Vehicle is never abused! Basically the entire front end.

I do, however, love the truck. I drive 160+ miles per day. I fill the tank every other day at $2.99 or more per gallon.

I tow a pop-up camper and the truck is super capable.

Yup, after more than $15000.00 in warranty work and a bunch that wasn't... I still love her.

Review Date: 1st October, 2005

2000 Chevrolet Blazer ZR2 4.6 V6 from North America

Chevy Blazer ZR2 is a class act

Only a dealer covered catalytic converter replacement.

General Comments:

This Blazer is my toy and I just love it and I am very pleased with it. This is my 2nd Blazer (previous was a 1997 standard 4x4) and I do not see why there are so many negative comments on this site.

The performance is everything I want and the gas mileage is comparable to my previous Jeep Cherokee.

I simply have no complaints with this Blazer and I looked high and low for a quality ZR2 unit before I bought it. As far as I am concerned the off road option is the cats meow and the driving stability is excellent. Go Bowtie!!

Review Date: 13th September, 2005

2000 Chevrolet Blazer from North America

I will never own another one

Front wheel bearings, brake pads, and upper and lower ball joints.

General Comments:

We have owned the SUV for less than a year and it has cost us over $1,000 to fix it so far. We thought it would be a good family car and dependable for the children and I to drive. the thought of such things going wrong it is scary to think you put your children in such a car and being pregnant also. if they have had so many problems on the same parts you would think that they would recall them for the safety of their customers.

Review Date: 27th August, 2005

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS from North America

Poor excuse for an mini SUV

The transmission reverse gear went out at 80000 miles. (mostly all freeway)

Gas gage has gone out and never was really accurate.

Trip computer does not always work properly.

And original equipment tires (Uniroyal) were absolutely the worst tires (push in corners, squealing on pavement, slide on wet pavement) tires ever experienced.

General Comments:

The vehicle is 2 wheel drive and has never been driven off road or towed anything ever. When I took it to several different transmission shops I was advised that this particular transmission is defective, but GM continues to install it in vehicles. That they have had vehicles with as little as 12000 miles on them go out. The particlar problem is the part (reverse Gear) It seems, so I am told that GM purchased a large quantity of these parts and even though they are sub standard they continue to utilize them in their transmissions. It is actually more cost effective to purchase a rebuilt transmission than to repair it. I am planning on dumping the vehicle first chance I can.

Review Date: 26th August, 2005