2000 Chevrolet Blazer Reviews - Page 40 of 41

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS from North America

Previous carChevrolet Camaro

Summary:

A sub-standard vehicle

Hazard switch malfunction at 32,000 and 50,000 causing brake lights to fail. Replaced twice, once under warranty, and once through a recall.

Both front wheel bearings went bad at 42,000 miles. (Warranty expired.)

Upper and lower ball joints were shot at 38,000 miles. (Warranty expired.)

Transmission failed at 56,500 miles. (Of course, warranty expired.)

General Comments:

The late model Chevy Blazers are junk. I have been researching these problems and have found numerous people complaining about major repairs at low miles. In particular, everyone I have spoken to that owns a Blazer usually replaces wheel-bearings and ball joints soon after the warranty expires. These repairs alone will cost at least $1500. I am still waiting to find out the cost of replacing the transmission.

I think the "Like A Rock" slogan is nonsense.

Review Date: 14th October, 2002

29th Oct 2002, 06:49

I don't think the "like a rock" slogan is nonsense. they're trying to tell you that it is like a ten ton rock in the shape of a lemon.

11th Jan 2003, 15:49

I agree with a previous comment about later model Blazers. I have owned 3 since "97" and had major problems with all in the first 5-10,000 miles after warranty.

Two of these Blazers had major problems that surfaced in the first 5,000 miles. Although they were covered under warranty, it was a big hassle. I then was driving a new car that was very suspect. In my opinion this is a very strong indication of poor workmanship and very poor quality control at best.

"Like a Crock" is more like it!

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LX from North America

Engine and transmission Don't Know

Summary:

A lost cause

I got the car unfortunately used and it was working fine and I got no warranty on this car due to being offered a cheaper price. The gas gage stopped working and I have no idea why. I cannot afford to get if fixed right now

Also, there is a very bad smell of gas leaking from somewhere when I first fill it up and then it stops smelling then a few days later I smell it again. There is no leaking in the gas lines or or on the ground.

The fuel light comes on when I am sitting in idol a few minutes when it is placed in the park position.

I have not had this truck, but a year and I am beginning to really hate it. I would never buy another.

General Comments:

I would only hope that Chevy would improve their blazer after hearing about his.

Review Date: 6th October, 2002

7th Oct 2002, 21:42

I doubt if Chevy reads these reviews and anyway they're not gonna make the Blazer anymore; it's being replaced by the Trailblazer.

7th Feb 2005, 15:39

The gas smell is do to the evap system same with the lights.mine cleared itself after awhile. good luck.

24th Jun 2005, 12:43

I had the same problem on my 2000 ZR2 Blazer. Fuel sensor shorted out or went bad. It got fixed for free under extended warranty. If you complain right to GM customer service (not the dealer), you can get results. Example: Its not much, but I now have free oil changes and lube jobs with tire rotations at any certified shop of my choice for 5 years or 50,000 miles after my extended warranty expires. Also got a check issued to me because they charged me $90.00 to tighten a bolt on the hood hinge. The dealer got reprimanded for that and the dealer actually called me and apologized . But I have been all over them for everything that has went wrong with this truck.

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4.3 from North America

Previous carFord Explorer

Summary:

This truck is a money pit

The fuel pump went out at 36360 miles, 360 miles past warranty.

The rear brake lamps and emergency flashers went out. Now I notice that's a recalled part.

General Comments:

An attractive vehicle, but the headaches that come with it are maddening.

Review Date: 2nd September, 2002

14th Oct 2002, 10:07

And That's enough to not buy another car from Chevy!? By "money pit" I thought the review would be about how you had to like replace an engine and the car blew up or something... my dad has a 2000 blazer the only thing that went wrong was some kind of sensor the dealer replaced it under warranty and didn't have any other problems afterward!

3rd Apr 2003, 10:22

I just purchased a 4 door 2000 Chevy Blazer LT from the local Saturn dealer here in Tallahassee. It came loaded with everything, but a sunroof... including leather seats and ON-STAR. I have only had this vehicle a week, but so far love it. The ride and comfort is top notch, not what you would expect from an SUV. The 4.3 VORTEC V6 has nice low end torque and will make this vehicle "scat".

Lots of nice amenities in this one too, well thought out.