2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 6 cylinder from Bahamas

Summary:

Very practical, reliable for a small family

The dashboard was warped. Dealer replaced it because still under warranty.

The car is just 3 years old and I just had to replace BOTH front wheel bearings which was $1,6600 - WITHOUT the labor! I maintain it very well. It's clean and serviced regularly. It's absurd that both bearings should have to be replaced on a pretty new car!

General Comments:

The car is in really good shape and performs well. However, there has got to be some fault with production for the bearings to go so early in BOTH wheels, never mind just one! I am not a reckless driver and take very good care of my car.

Review Date: 11th August, 2003

23rd Sep 2003, 00:37

1600 dollars for two bearing assemblies? I guess the mechanic made his boat payment for a few months.

18th Nov 2003, 12:00

Price the parts mister well informed. I just replaced my front bearings for $500 for parts. the problem is that a GM scientist designed the ABS sensor into the bearing assembly which makes for a more complex part at a higher cost. prices vary on where you live. this problem is consistent for other GM products 2 or 4 wheel drive with ABS. my advise to GM is fire the designer of this part and simplify the configuration.

2000 Chevrolet Blazer s-12 V6 from North America

Summary:

Not worth the money paid

OK, first, it started off with the drivers side wheel making noise. Took to the garage and found that the wheel bearing was bad. This was replaced at a cost of approx. $350.00. Mileage was 45000 miles.

Upon picking the Blazer up from being serviced, I was advised that the road noise was better, BUT, the passenger side now needed replaced. So, another $350.00.

Well, today I relpaced all four tires at 48,000, so I was not upset. BUT, I did find out that the drivers side, upper ball joint is going bad. Such good news.

I can't wait to see what else will go wrong with this thing. I really do like it, but with all these problems, I cannot see myself buying another one.

General Comments:

My point, is do not buy a Chevy Blazer. Unless, of course, you want to shell out some major bucks for all the things that will break down...

Review Date: 28th July, 2003

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS V6 Vortec from North America

Summary:

A $24,000 piece of trash

My 2000 Chevy Blazer has had a few problems. The transmission went out at 30,000 miles. We never pulled a trailer or a boat. The vehicle was never taken off road. At 37,000 miles the fuel level sensor failed. At 50,000 miles the throttle position sensor went out. And finally at 53,000 miles the upper and lower ball joints and front suspension are failing.

General Comments:

I like the Chevy product, but feel that GM needs to re-invent itself in the image of a quality producer like Toyota. I put 189,000 hard miles on my Tacoma 4 X 4 and never had any major repairs. GM please try to do a better job. I like Chevy's and want to support the American economy, but you are currently selling garbage.

Review Date: 12th July, 2003

2000 Chevrolet Blazer from North America

Summary:

GM - Generally Malfunctions, Buyer beware

The brakes died within 2 weeks, they were replaced.

The replacement brakes are squeaky and do not perform well.

Transmission has lots of problems. Makes loud noises when accelerating, makes clunking noise when you shift gears.

Seats make creaking and cracking noise when you are turning.

General Comments:

Buyer beware. Do not buy this piece of GM garbage. It is horrible, the transmission will die on you (And has died on friends who have the same car). Do not get this car. Stay away from Chevy's.

This car also guzzles gas like there is no tommorow, even with practical driving. The gas gauge is completly off and changes constantly.

Middle console leaves little leg room for taller passengers.

Review Date: 6th July, 2003