2000 Chevrolet Blazer Reviews - Page 32 of 41

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS Trailblazer V6 from North America

Engine and transmission V6 Automatic
Previous carPontiac Sunfire

Summary:

I love it, but I hate it

At 36,200 miles my engine belt needed to be replaced.

All of my Engine cooling lines needed to be replaced.

I had a antifreeze leak and my gasket and intake manifold was replaced.

I had a serious oil leak at my transfer case and my rear shaft had to be replaced because of it.

At 46,600 miles I went to have my oil changed and the company I went to told me that all of the stuff I had done at 36,000 miles needed to be done again.

General Comments:

It is a good thing I have the GMPP Majorguard or it would have put a $1,000 dollar whole in my pocket.

I'm a Chevy and GM type of person, but will never buy from Lust Chevrolet Buick in Aberdeen, SD again.

With the engine cooling lines happening to most Blazer Owners there needs to be a recall on them.

Review Date: 2nd November, 2004

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4.3 from North America

Distance when acquired12000 miles
Previous carChevrolet Monte Carlo

Summary:

Comfortable, but terrible quality

In Aug of 2003 I had both front hub and Bearing assemblies changed. $650.00 each.

June 2004 had all four ball joints replaced, I think about 65000 miles $800.00 at Pepboys.

Currently the Blazer is over at AAMCO having the transmission fixed. 70188 miles exactly, and this blazer has never towed anything. $2274.00.

Things still broken:

The ABS fires at random times when you press the brake at slow speeds, so I pulled the fuse to stop it. I have been told it could be extremely expensive to fix.

The rear hatch does not open.

The hood release is broken.

All four door fall a bit when opened. It has not effected performance yet, but the drivers door falls about and 1.5 inches when open. I am worried that it will soon be difficult to close. Mechanic said he would have to replace the hinges at a couple of hundred a door.

I am going to trade this vehicle in when I get it back from AAMCO.

I do not recommend ever buying a Chevy Blazer. I wish I had done more research before hand.

General Comments:

I am 6'3" and 210 pounds. The vehicle is very comfortable for me, but the build quality is just too poor.

Overall I loved the handling and driving.

It is just too expensive to keep with all of it problems.

Review Date: 8th October, 2004

22nd Nov 2004, 09:07

I have a 2001 Chevy S-10 Blazer with 77,560 miles on it. I just had a transmission overhauled within the last couple of days that cost $1890 dollars.

2000 Chevrolet Blazer Chevrolet LS V6 Vor Tech from North America

Engine and transmission V6 Vor Tech Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Cavalier

Summary:

Needs some improvement

The driver side door bushing are shot.

The transmission just went out today.

The brake lights went out due to a faulty brake light switch.

The front left brake caliper wouldn't release.

Review Date: 12th September, 2004

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4.3 from North America

Previous carChevrolet Blazer

Summary:

I'd buy another and another and another

So far I have had no problems with my new, used blazer. A black 2000 LS 4x4 with 96,600 miles, but strong as new out of the box. This is now my 6th blazer in a row and all, but for my last one, have been build like a rock. I go through a blazer about every two years for work purposes. These trucks take the daily torture I put them through. A lot of in town driving, start stopping, idle for an hour, etc. People that complain about issues with a blazer are ones that don't take the time to follow a normal maintenance schedule. If you grease all fittings at each oil change, change oil at least at every 4000 miles, and have a trusted mechanic at either a Chevy dealership or at a local mom and pop check the truck on a regular basis, meaning every 6,000 miles (cost you maybe 60 dollars) you shouldn't have any problems or surprises.

General Comments:

I have owned the following, 1996 4 door Jimmy, 2001 2 door Blazer, 1999 4 door Blazer, 2002 4 door Trailblazer, 1996 4 door Blazer and now just bought a 2000 4 door Blazer, all of which were 4x4's. Every vehicle got put through a minimum of 70,000 miles over 2 years with nothing more than simple oil changes, tire rotations, etc. The only one that gave me problems was the 1996 Blazer, but I believe it was a hurt car that was masked to look good now that I see the extent of her mechanical damage. She has an unheard of problem of the 4.3, her lower timing gear ate the engine.

Buy Chevy, they make a heck of a truck. I am self employed in the car business field, I see many other manufacturers as junk long before a GM product. To those that say they will go buy foreign, go buy foreign, you think you got sticker shock on a GM service bill, wait till you see theirs, 3 times the price.

Review Date: 3rd September, 2004

24th Aug 2009, 16:52

I have a 2000 LS 4x4 loaded and it off roads like a bulldozer. Only complaints are the gas gauge stopped working and it is $600 + dollars to fix. Other than that, have had no problems now at 135000 miles. And I change oil every 4000 miles. 2000 Blazers Rock. N.C.

5th Aug 2010, 14:55

I have had my 2000 Chevy Blazer for going on 8 years now. Other than minor tune ups and the general tires and upkeep, this vehicle has been extremely reliable. 147,000 miles so far.

Drivers side seat recliner latch did break, but easily fixable.