1995 Chevrolet Camaro Reviews - Page 3 of 7

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 5.7 LT1 from North America

Engine and transmission 5.7 LT1 Manual
Previous carChevrolet Astro

Summary:

Great Ride, Fun To Drive

Had to replace the water pump at around 80,000 miles, cost $500.

Mice chewed trough wires two years in a row, close to $100 each time.

Runs the battery dead during winter. Easily fixed by removing for the winter.

General Comments:

Other than the water pump, the car has run strong. The 6 speed manual is a must. This is great when you want to jump off the line or run @2000 rpm doing 80 on the freeway. I was able to get 23 Mpg on a regular basis.

The only modification I put on it is SLP exhaust, it looks and sounds mean. The skip shift in first gear is a pain, but you learn to work around it or you can pay for a chip to bypass.

All in all this is a great ride. It is a lot of fun crusin' with the T-tops off on a nice day.

Review Date: 30th May, 2007

1995 Chevrolet Camaro z28 convertible 5.7 V8 from North America

Engine and transmission 5.7 V8 Automatic
Most recent distance72000 miles
Previous carPlymouth Laser

Summary:

Fastest Car for the Money

Transmission. Its not good when a transmission only lasts 60 thousand miles.

I also replaced the drivers side power window motor.That's a two to three hour job.

Crack in the door (600 dollars to fix if I want it done)

Windshield wipers (80 dollars at the dealer, no other ones fit)

Headlights (no biggie, but I wish you only had to replace the bulb instead of the whole headlight)

Fuel pump (they have to drop the fuel tank, that cost me 6 bills and the mechanic screwed up the fuel gauge and wanted more money to fix the problem that he caused) He's no longer my mechanic.

General Comments:

I love this car, its the best car I ever had.

I always wanted a convertible and I'm only going to live once. Too bad that I live in Vancouver where it rains 6 months of the year.

The guy I bought it from said it had every option. It doesn't have the one option I really wanted (traction control).I wanted to save money on tires for a change.

I recommend this car for anybody that likes speed.

Review Date: 21st March, 2006

22nd Mar 2006, 21:19

Good to know you got a Camaro. In 95 Traction Control came as an option (I rather not have TC Tho) I am in Canada as well, but in Calgary... Atleast you don't have to park it every oct. I have to replace my window motor as well and they're pain in the ass to do. My advice to you is do regular oil changes and fluid changes and you should be OK.

Good luck with you car. Oh yea, I bought my 95 Z28 from B. C as well (Mapleridge B.C)

27th Mar 2006, 21:48

Thanks for the comment. I always do regular fluid changes. I do all necesary maintenance.I'm religious about it. Engines rarely die, transmissions always die (for me anyways)

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 5.7 from North America

Previous carHonda Civic

Summary:

Best and hopefully it will be reliable. (Knock Wood)

My power window motor went out. I have a new one and hopefully wil be doing the install soon on it. Lifters are ticking at 2000RPM, I even checked the exhaust manifold, Injectors and lot's of other things on it and it is my lifters.

General Comments:

This car has huge balls that can make an elephant shy. I raced a lot of cars and came out a winner. I just purchased an SS hood for it and 18's TSW Thruxton rims and I can't wait to get them on. I will be doing an LT4 hot cam kit soon as I do my other mods first. The only thing I wished GM would have done is payed more attention on the interior.

Review Date: 9th March, 2006

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Convertible 5.7 LT1 from North America

Engine and transmission 5.7 LT1 Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Camaro

Summary:

An instant classic combination of horsepower, comfort, and looks in a cheap American sports car

I would have to say that a majority of the problems that I have encountered with my LT1 are all self-inflicted.I've taken a little off road trip that resulted in the right front rim/tire being completely removed starting with the tie rods. The fix? $500 and haven't had a problem since. Also during that excursion, I suffered a slightly impacted oil drain plug that gives me a leak every 4-6 hours or so. Like most Z28's I had that pesky low coolant light that was caused by the a faulty sensor at about 150000miles. I unnecessarily removed the right side-view mirror with the side of a garage. No problems after replacing it, but recommend using the right tools for the right job when removing them in the future. Thermostats are starting to go on Natalya left and right. I don't know the exact cause, but they're an easy fix and only $24 each. At about 165000miles the transmission decided to retire. $1500 later I have a GM rebuilt A4 with a better warranty than the original came with. Poor sealing with the Convertible top/driver window/windshield has led to an appreciable amount of water being introduced to the driver's door. This has led to a replaced window switch, window motor, and a blinker relay that doesn't manage to last more than a year before shorting out and draining the batter. Small amount of sun damage from leaving the top down in all those places where a convertible is definitely required. I've recently encountered a faulty harness in the ignition switch that I believe to be the product of the car being hot-wired in a feeble attempt to steal it.

General Comments:

All in all, I'd have to say that all the damages were self-inflicted and considered I bought her for $10,000, I'm out on top.

With a K&N Cold Air Intake, 40series Flow-master system, Performance MAF Sensor, BBK ceramic headers, MSD ignition system, 245/40/17 on the front, 165/35/18 on the back, and a Hyper-tech Power Programmer, I've established myself as a force on the road. She sounds like an animal and she performs like she's on the prowl.

I would say that anybody looking for the last flavor of honest, cheap, American horsepower, look no further than a Z28. Every dollar I put in reveals more power and performance than imaginable for the amount of work that she requires.

Review Date: 7th August, 2004