1995 Chevrolet Camaro V6 from North America

Summary:

Attention Getter

I had to have the clutch replaced after 1 month of ownership, replaced it with a B&M racing clutch.

Security light comes on and car won't Start until it has gone off.

Console has broken at the henge.

Driver side seat has a small wear mark from entry and exit.

Hatch back door doesn't want to stay up in cold weather.

General Comments:

Overall, I love my car and it has been a great match for me. I don't ever want to have another, but my Camaro. I love to pull up and squall tires as I'm making my exit.

Review Date: 8th April, 2004

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 LT4 from North America

Summary:

Awesome!!!

Nothing yet.

General Comments:

I just purchased this car from an ACE certified mechanic. He had owned the car for 3 years and had put extensive work into it. I am not a mechanic and I may be technically challenged, but I know power and performance when I see it. I looked at 4 other Z28's before coming back to this one a second time. What sold me was the awesome power. The other Z's had the stock engines and some upgrades like cold-intake and computer chips to boost the HP, but this one had the mighty LT4 engine! With the added cold-intake, 10:4 gearing ratio and complete suspension rebuilt, Edelbrock and Hooker headers and dual Flowmaster pipes, this thing flys! A 6 speed Hersch shift-kit made it really sweet to drive. It is fast and roars off the line. I have smoked everything from other 'vettes to other Z28's to mustangs (what a joke) to 745 BMW's. The work this guy did made this a really special car. The 18" Enke rims really look nice too. I may be off on the tech specs, but this is a quick car and I am glad I got it. "Now ease off the pedal son!"

Review Date: 4th April, 2004

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 3.4 V6 from North America

Summary:

This car is a very fun and dependable product!

This was a VERY reliable car for me. Mechanically it was very sound. The only problems I had with this vehicle were the window motors, alternator, and brakes. Both window motors were replaced and still continued to malfunction. The other two problems were simply maintenance issues.

General Comments:

My 1995 Camaro V6 was one of the best vehicles I have ever owned.

I was extremely satisfied with it's performance and power, it's handling, style, and interior comfort.

If you're a single person this is a great car for you!!! If your someone that has passengers often you may want to re-think your purchase.

The drivers seat is very comfortable, but the passenger has very little leg room... especially with people in the back seat.

Overall I highly recommend this vehicle.

Review Date: 1st February, 2004

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 5.7 LT1 from North America

Summary:

A cheaper priced Chevy that has power to spare

The spark plug wire insulation on cylinder number seven became frayed and grounded out that cylinder, making the car idle and run rough.

The EGR valve just recently went bad.

Sucks gas when a heavy foot is applied.

General Comments:

This car is very fast and fun.

It handles turns better than most of its predecessors and has enough power to launch it after the turn.

Performance parts are a little on the expensive side, however, they are well worth the cost because of the huge gains they provide.

There are a lot of free mods available through a little research.

The interior is comfortable and looks nice.

Perfect acoustics for a sweet sound system, one 10" sub does wonders.

Review Date: 16th September, 2003

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 5.7 LT1 from North America

Summary:

Excellent performance, low reliability

Drive shaft vibrates when you let off the gas in gear above 65 MPH. You can hear it and feel it. The dealership said that since the speed limit was only 55 MPH at the time it was not an issue.

Each power window broke separately and had to be completely replaced. The driver side window was adjusted improperly and scratched the glass in the window over the years..

The optical distributor (Opti-Spark) is very sensitive to moisture. Mine got moist, corroded, and caused a severe high-RPM miss until it was replaced, once under warranty, and again a second time out of my pocket (nearly $1000).

Poor fit on body panels right from the beginning. My hood was 1/4 inch from the left fender and 3/4 inch from the right. The front bumper didn't align quite right where it was glued to the front fenders.

T-Top lever got very tight and the T-tops were difficult to remove.

The car always had little rattles that the dealership could never locate and fix.

General Comments:

This car is one of the best muscle-cars you can get for the price, just don't expect much reliability from it.

It was faster than all stock mustangs in 1995 when I got it. Performance parts are more expensive for this car than for a comparable mustang, however.

It is comfortable to drive on long trips, and the 6 speed transmission makes for excellent gas mileage cruising at 70+.

Review Date: 4th September, 2003