2010 Chevrolet Camaro Reviews

Year of manufacture2010
First year of ownership2010
Most recent year of ownership2011
Previous carChevrolet Cobalt

Summary:

This car has road class

Nothing has gone wrong as of yet, always serviced at dealer and never cost a penny besides my oil.

All labour is free as in guarantee.

This is an eye catcher, and not too many on the street, so I stick out, especially in yellow with black trim.

General Comments:

Another post on here was about paint chipping, and the dealer said it wasn't in guarantee. Well, all I can say is that the poster does not own a Camaro or any other GM product. I also have a 2007 Cobalt SS where I needed some scratches taken care of due to my own fault, and it was done free and charged to the guarantee. All the GM bodies are galvanized steel, and guaranteed 7 years including paint.

Anyway, I have not found anything negative to say about the Camaro. The Cobalt is another story, but this is not the place to rant about the Cobalt.

I also own, a Dodge Truck, Echo, Mazda6, Skyline, Jaguar and a GMC pick up.

If you take care of your cars/trucks, then they all last a long time, and they are all good modes of transport.

Just like the human body, neglect is just a problem waiting to happen.

Review Date: 6th February, 2011

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 428hp from North America

Model year2010
Year of manufacture2010
First year of ownership2010
Engine and transmission 428hp Manual
Most recent distance2000 miles
Previous carChevrolet Avalanche

Summary:

Good looker and performer with BAD paint

Paint is chipping off both sides of the car between the rear tires and the doors (about half way between the rocker panels and the top of the fenders). Roughly 30 chips on each side with paint almost gone near the door. The car has never been driven in bad weather, and sits in the garage most of the time. Dealer and factory claim this type of problem is not covered under warranty. Estimate from GM paint shop to repair is $2,300. Chipping started at 1,500 miles and has doubled in just 500 miles. Car has 2,000 miles.

General Comments:

Car performs and rides great. Sound system is great. Passenger seat has a lot to be desired.

Review Date: 3rd May, 2010

4th May 2010, 12:57

Yep, buying a Mustang...

4th May 2010, 13:06

That is ridiculous that GM won't cover that paint issue at 2,000 miles. I would keep complaining for sure. Are they blaming you for some sort of neglect or faulting you in some way? If they can't do a proper paint job, why should you be forced to pay thousands for their mistake.

I would keep searching out ways to get them to back their product.

I would never buy another GM product if I were you. I am pretty much done with them myself, as my Chevy Trailblazer is costing me thousands in new parts and it only has 87K miles on it. There seems to be many on these sites that claim to get hundreds of thousands of miles out of their GM vehicles. I just can't seem to get to 100K on one without major issues. I do mostly highway and good maintenance with synthetic oil and all. Seems like they just want you to buy a new car every three years. Not sure why people would keep going back though after getting burned. I did give them a couple of tries though. There are lots of other brands to choose from. You should have gotten a Challenger or a Mustang huh? Hope it works out well for you.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1 SS 6.2 liter from North America

Model year2010
Year of manufacture2009
First year of ownership2009
Engine and transmission 6.2 liter Manual
Previous carHonda Accord

Summary:

Buy it!

Flawless, brand new.

General Comments:

Designed in California, Australian platform, Canadian built. Beautiful international cooperation, but this Camaro has an American look, and performances are awesome!

Body look and performance makes you feel proud of owning maybe the last generation of a real rear-drive muscle car. As you know, many governments are preparing laws in a near future for what are considered gas-guzzlers cars like the 2010 Camaro SS, and it will maybe take another 30 years or more before technology would be able to put back on the road our big V-8 and by this time electric cars would probably replace them and it will be a good thing. And I don't believe in 8 or 9 speed transmissions! I want to drive, not work! LOL.

This car is not made for shy individuals, I'm still very surprised by the attention this car gets on the road or parked.

The interior design is a bit disappointing as I have the base Camaro SS, all black with cloth tissues and no Camaro or SS or super sport signs or decals inside, but on the steering wheel, but it's OK as I paid a much cheaper price, and all I wanted is the LS3.

Review Date: 16th October, 2009

16th Oct 2009, 09:21

"And I don't believe in 8 or 9 speed transmissions! I want to drive, not work! LOL."

Good point, but I don't like to work either, to the point where I don't like manual transmissions at all!

27th Oct 2009, 16:36

The Camaro is nice, but plagued with production problems. Hopefully you won't see too many of them on yours. GM kinda rushed the cars out to production without working out the bugs.

I loved the new '10 Mustang GT Premium. It amazes me that with 111 less hp, the 0-60 time is only 1/10th of a second slower than your Camaro. They really got it right on that car and it is, by far, the best Mustang ever to date. It would be the car of my choice right now as the prices are so good on them compared to the Camaro and the Challenger. The performance is on par with the Camaro, and ahead of the bigger, heavier Challenger.