2015 Chevrolet Camaro RS V6 from North America

Summary:

Not Impressed

Key gets stuck in ignition.

Rough idle, but does not trigger any check engine light so it's considered "normal".

Shaking at high speed - 75 MPH and above. Gets worse the faster you go. Chevy has a technical service bulletin for the problem with no known fix. Have replaced tires, had wheels road force balanced, inspected suspension, brakes, multiple times. 5 dealer visits, 1 visit to an independent mechanic, nobody can figure out how to fix it. Very frustrating.

General Comments:

Looks great. Get lots of compliments on it.

Has decent power and handles fairly well.

Cheap interior. Lots of hard plastics. Seats uncomfortable for long trips. Climate control buttons get stuck when you push them in. MyLink radio buttons on side of screen have no feel to them; they are completely flat and smooth so you can't tell if you have pushed a button, or easily prevent your finger from slipping and pushing the wrong one. Exterior temperature gauge is wildly inaccurate half the time (though that's not very critical).

Sounds like a lawn mower when you accelerate hard. Exhaust sounds good when you first start the car, but if you step on it hard while you're driving, it sounds like a Toyota Corolla.

Frustrating to have a sporty car you can't drive more than 75 on the highway, and that Chevrolet can't even fix their own cars.

Review Date: 1st October, 2018

2nd Oct 2018, 01:52

Your review is a little scary. Because 2015 was one of the better years for the newer Chevy Camaro... 2010 being the worst. Carcomplaints.com does mention some of the problems you are having. I did in the past had a vehicle that shook at about 50-60mph. It turned out it was the driveshaft was bad and the car had been in an accident. Which might have caused the problem with the driveshaft. Got a brand new driveshaft, but the car still vibrated a little. But not as bad.

2015 Chevrolet Camaro RS Convertible 3.6 liter V6 from North America

Summary:

Fantastic, fun, good looking and well built modern day muscle car

Key sometimes would get stuck in the ignition. Pushing on the little trigger on the gear shifter would free it, until I got it fixed.

General Comments:

Nice shiny paint has held up well.

Convertible top goes up and down smoothly.

Seats are very comfortable and adapt nicely to my body, though a little soft on the bottom which is noticeable on long trips, but then again I like really firm seats. If I had a seat made out of phone books I would probably think it was too soft.

Just a good looking car, especially with the top down. Driving it makes me smile all the time.

The V6 is OK; if I were to do it again, I would probably go for a V8, as it doesn't have as much power as I might have expected, though the car is not slow by any means.

Corners really well. Can turn sharply around a corner and the car stays flat. Confident handling. I have the RS package and the ride is nice and smooth despite 20 inch wheels and low profile tires.

Backup camera is very helpful, and the MyLink system is easy to use.

Interior looks good, nothing fancy, but it's alright. I wouldn't want it to be too elegant anyway since I leave the top down constantly.

Overall a fun car that seems well built and looks great.

Review Date: 18th April, 2018

18th Apr 2018, 09:37

"I like really firm seats. If I had a seat made out of phone books I would probably think it was too soft."

I could have written this comment myself. I have yet to find a car with firm enough seats for me. I tend to prefer seats in economy cars since they have less padding and are, in my opinion, firmer. Great review!