1992 Chevrolet Cheyenne 2500 Pickup from North America

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned

Starter replaced at 261000.

Fixed parking brake handle.

Power steering leak fixed 261000.

New clutch plate at 261000.

General Comments:

This truck ROCKS! They will never make a better truck.

All the things I have fixed are normal for its age and mileage, and it has cost me less and out pulled my 2000 Dodge Cummins turbo diesel by a long shot. It is stout and hardy, and pulls a three horse aluminum gooseneck trailer loaded with tack, sleeper and three big horses.

This truck is the best truck I have ever owned, and I think I will have a hard time finding anything to compare with it. These newly manufactured trucks really leave a lot to be desired. I miss the old days!

Review Date: 28th June, 2009

1993 Chevrolet Cheyenne CK 4.3 from North America

The truck is still reliable and runs strong

Starter at 94,000.

Trans at 120,000.

Water pump at 123,000.

Interior worn from job site work.

General Comments:

The Cheyenne was listed as a work truck, and that's what I got. The truck has never let me down.

Review Date: 21st June, 2009

7th Mar 2011, 13:31

Best, longest lasting truck ever manufactured. Still runs amazing. Original radiator. Hasn't let me down for 17 years.

1988 Chevrolet Cheyenne 4.3 V6 from North America

Great truck, this one is a keeper

Engine rebuilt, lifters were knocking, previous owner ran without oil.

Transmission rebuilt.

Fuel pump replaced.

Rear end replaced.

All this after 200,000 miles.

General Comments:

The gas mileage, even for a 4.3 liter standard shift is really bad. Roughly 18 mpg.

The ride is smooth even for a short-bed pickup.

Review Date: 7th December, 2007

16th Mar 2008, 07:48

I agree with you I puchased a 1989 Chevy Cheyenne and I love the truck. It's in excellent condition just have to repaint the fenders but that its. They are nice trucks and drive just perfect.

5th Sep 2008, 14:44

This is my dream truck and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Great power and handling, yes it has some problems but try finding a truck that's 20 years old that doesn't have a few.

1990 Chevrolet Cheyenne 2500 3/4 ton Longbed 305 V8 fuel injected from North America

It is an awesome truck

There's nothing wrong with it mechanically.

The only thing I can think of is my A/C stopped working at 190,000 miles, and I got the seat recovered.

General Comments:

Of my 7 years owning this truck, all I've done was put a CD player in it.

It doesn't burn any oil, and it doesn't leak any oil. It's a solid running truck.

I've never found anything this thing couldn't pull.

The body doesn't have a single rust spot on it.

I love this truck.

Review Date: 27th September, 2007

25th Feb 2010, 17:44

So your AC doesn't work anymore? I have a 1990 Chevy Cheyenne Longbed 2500. The AC doesn't work. And I have wondered why it doesn't. The air blows, but it is not cold. HELP?

26th Feb 2010, 15:26

The cheapest way to fix it is to have it recharged. However, this may not be the problem. Only a proper inspection by a trained technician can give you the answer. Have the A/C recharged first, and if it still doesn't work, the problem may lie elsewhere.

30th Sep 2010, 15:11

I put a new A/C compressor in mine, gave it a charge and it works great. I just found a truck at the junk yard that still had a charge in it, and got the compressor off it for $50.

I use this truck for everything. The only issues it has had besides the A/C after 15 years and normal ware parts were the front wheel bearings drying out and getting hot.

1996 Chevrolet Cheyenne C3500 7.4 gasoline from North America

Heavy hauler supreme!

General Comments:

Exact opposite of my trouble plagued 2005 Colorado.

67000 trouble free miles hauling a 3000lb. 10.5 foot camper at 10 to 11 mpg.

Too bad it will be my last GM product.

Review Date: 21st July, 2007

1988 Chevrolet Cheyenne C1500 327 small block from North America

It is a dream come true!

The interior kind of fell apart.

General Comments:

It's an amazing truck. It handles like a dream and runs like new.

The stock motor was switched out with a 327 small block with less than 100,000 miles, and it runs great. I bought the truck for $850.00 at the age of 17, and when I did it had new shocks, tires, steering column, bed liner, and a couple of other odds and ends. I have not had to replace anything since then.

Great Truck!