1992 Chevrolet Cheyenne 2500 Pickup from North America

Summary:

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned

Starter replaced at 261000.

Fixed parking brake handle.

Power steering leak fixed 261000.

New clutch plate at 261000.

General Comments:

This truck ROCKS! They will never make a better truck.

All the things I have fixed are normal for its age and mileage, and it has cost me less and out pulled my 2000 Dodge Cummins turbo diesel by a long shot. It is stout and hardy, and pulls a three horse aluminum gooseneck trailer loaded with tack, sleeper and three big horses.

This truck is the best truck I have ever owned, and I think I will have a hard time finding anything to compare with it. These newly manufactured trucks really leave a lot to be desired. I miss the old days!

Review Date: 28th June, 2009

1993 Chevrolet Cheyenne CK 4.3 from North America

Summary:

The truck is still reliable and runs strong

Starter at 94,000.

Trans at 120,000.

Water pump at 123,000.

Interior worn from job site work.

General Comments:

The Cheyenne was listed as a work truck, and that's what I got. The truck has never let me down.

Review Date: 21st June, 2009

7th Mar 2011, 13:31

Best, longest lasting truck ever manufactured. Still runs amazing. Original radiator. Hasn't let me down for 17 years.

1988 Chevrolet Cheyenne 4.3 V6 from North America

Summary:

Great truck, this one is a keeper

Engine rebuilt, lifters were knocking, previous owner ran without oil.

Transmission rebuilt.

Fuel pump replaced.

Rear end replaced.

All this after 200,000 miles.

General Comments:

The gas mileage, even for a 4.3 liter standard shift is really bad. Roughly 18 mpg.

The ride is smooth even for a short-bed pickup.

Review Date: 7th December, 2007

16th Mar 2008, 07:48

I agree with you I puchased a 1989 Chevy Cheyenne and I love the truck. It's in excellent condition just have to repaint the fenders but that its. They are nice trucks and drive just perfect.

5th Sep 2008, 14:44

This is my dream truck and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Great power and handling, yes it has some problems but try finding a truck that's 20 years old that doesn't have a few.

1990 Chevrolet Cheyenne 2500 3/4 ton Longbed 305 V8 fuel injected from North America

Summary:

It is an awesome truck

There's nothing wrong with it mechanically.

The only thing I can think of is my A/C stopped working at 190,000 miles, and I got the seat recovered.

General Comments:

Of my 7 years owning this truck, all I've done was put a CD player in it.

It doesn't burn any oil, and it doesn't leak any oil. It's a solid running truck.

I've never found anything this thing couldn't pull.

The body doesn't have a single rust spot on it.

I love this truck.

Review Date: 27th September, 2007

25th Feb 2010, 17:44

So your AC doesn't work anymore? I have a 1990 Chevy Cheyenne Longbed 2500. The AC doesn't work. And I have wondered why it doesn't. The air blows, but it is not cold. HELP?

26th Feb 2010, 15:26

The cheapest way to fix it is to have it recharged. However, this may not be the problem. Only a proper inspection by a trained technician can give you the answer. Have the A/C recharged first, and if it still doesn't work, the problem may lie elsewhere.

30th Sep 2010, 15:11

I put a new A/C compressor in mine, gave it a charge and it works great. I just found a truck at the junk yard that still had a charge in it, and got the compressor off it for $50.

I use this truck for everything. The only issues it has had besides the A/C after 15 years and normal ware parts were the front wheel bearings drying out and getting hot.

1996 Chevrolet Cheyenne C3500 7.4 gasoline from North America

Summary:

Heavy hauler supreme!

Nothing!

General Comments:

Exact opposite of my trouble plagued 2005 Colorado.

67000 trouble free miles hauling a 3000lb. 10.5 foot camper at 10 to 11 mpg.

Too bad it will be my last GM product.

Review Date: 21st July, 2007

1988 Chevrolet Cheyenne C1500 327 small block from North America

Summary:

It is a dream come true!

The interior kind of fell apart.

General Comments:

It's an amazing truck. It handles like a dream and runs like new.

The stock motor was switched out with a 327 small block with less than 100,000 miles, and it runs great. I bought the truck for $850.00 at the age of 17, and when I did it had new shocks, tires, steering column, bed liner, and a couple of other odds and ends. I have not had to replace anything since then.

Great Truck!