2006 Chevrolet Colorado WT Reg Cab (Work Truck) 2.8 ltr. Engine from North America

Staying basic and simple, this truck should do it for you

Totally reliable. No problems.

General Comments:

If your looking for a basic truck Chevy has it. With the 2.8 ltr engine & a 5 speed manual transmission, this trucks moves very nicely. The seats are comfortable & there is plenty of leg room.

The 2.8 four banger has nice pickup & accelerates well at highway speeds. The cruise control is a nice option for us commuters. Mileage thus far has been at 26 mpg & combined. The ride is comfortable, but, remember, this is A SMALL TRUCK. There is engine noise, wind noise, some rattles, but, again it's a work truck. The ABS brakes work well & the 5 speed manual shifts smoothly. Heating is very good after it warms up. The equipped AM/FM radio... is well a radio & that's fine for me. This model is basic & simple, like pickup trucks use to be. I'm pleased!!

Review Date: 15th February, 2007

18th Apr 2008, 19:08

Totally reliable? You have only put about 500 miles on the truck! I'd like to see your review after at least 10,000 miles.

8th May 2008, 19:10

After 53K no problems.

12th Jun 2008, 09:58

June 12, 2008

My 2006 Chevy Colorado is just shy of 40,000 miles. Maintaining 26+ MPG, returned to the dealer once to replace the fuel filler hose & fuel cap. Hauled 1000 lbs of wood pellets in the back with no issues.

Truck runs great on 87 octane fuel, has thus far been 100% reliable. The four cylinder seems flawless, yet have heard the the 5 cylinder, especially the early models having head & valve issues.

2006 Chevrolet Colorado from North America

This truck is really great, highly recommended!

Nothing, no problems at all with this truck.

General Comments:

This truck has been really great. I have not had any major issues with it, and I drive between 120 to 130 miles a day in it.

The only thing that I am disappointed in is the fact that this truck doesn't have that " jump up, ready to go " feel when you press the gas like my Silverado did.

I hated trading it in for this one, but with gas prices the way they are, this little four cylinder is helping me out quite a bit. I get approx 24 mpg on the highway, a little less if I punch it, but... it doesn't have quite the passing power as my Silverado did. Then again the Silverado was a V6, but drank the gas, hence the trade.

As far as reliability goes, I haven't had a moment's issue with it. I would recommend it to anybody that needs a commuter vehicle that can be used a truck too.

Review Date: 12th July, 2006

10th Jan 2007, 14:52

Well you shouldn't, you only have 27,000 on it. Nothing better be an issue with low miles. Its bran new.