1993 Chevrolet Corsica LT 2.2 from Netherlands

Summary:

This car rocks

Nothing much; alternator replaced, serpentine belt and battery.

Regular maintenance; oil and filters.

General Comments:

Outside the car it looks like it was designed by a blind man.

But it's the most reliable car you can think of.

It always starts.. great fuel economy (better than some euro japanese crap that weighs much less..!!).

The suspension is great.. I like the American way, not the firm suspension in euro cars, where when you drive over a bump, your kidneys are in your mouth..

Review Date: 16th January, 2008

1993 Chevrolet Corsica LT V6 from North America

Summary:

The best cheap car you can buy

I had no major problems with this car, other than the normal little things like busted hoses and replacing a starter, and even those were near the end of my driving it.

The compressor liked to go out, leaving me without an air conditioner, but as long as I just rolled the windows down and didn't run air conditioning, I could keep an operational compressor in it no problem. Running heat didn't seem to bother it.

General Comments:

This car was a WARHORSE. It was my first car, and not really respecting it much, I abused it sadistically. I was a stupid kid, and ran it out of oil on more than one occasion, hit a speed bump going 40mph (which tore a hole in the oil pan and knocked off some engine mounts from the transmission's bell housing, but it still ran!), and got it stuck FOUR-WHEELING (a foolish thing to try in a two wheel drive), having to pull it out backwards with a chain. I also hooked that same chain to my rear axle, and pulled someone out of a ditch once.

All in all, this was the best possible car I could have stumbled across at that time, and I would drive a new one today.

Review Date: 9th May, 2006

1993 Chevrolet Corsica 3.1 V6 from North America

Summary:

A very solid car, especially the 3.1 V6

I only had the car for a short time, but liked it. The torque converter locked up, but fixed it with a toggle switch that manually locked it in/out. leaked oil bad, but car did have 240,000+ miles on it.

General Comments:

The car is a good, reliable, cheap one. I would recommend it. Especially the 3.1 liter V6, had surprisingly lots of power and was virtually bulletproof. The car is also easy to maintain. The paint/finish is another story. peely and weathered, rusted. but a great runner with balls.

Review Date: 15th December, 2005

1993 Chevrolet Corsica LT 2.2 litre from Netherlands

Nothing. I never had any serious problems since I bought it about a year ago. I changed the oil, got new tires, nothing special, just regular maintenance.

General Comments:

I have never had such a reliable car in my whole Life. I first met this car when I was a student in the U.S. back in '95. I rented a Corsica for two weeks to cruise the mid west. I had a reliable impression of this car and somehow I had never forgotten about it. Nine 9 years later when I switched jobs and had to return my company car I bought a 94 Corsica. Only negative thing I could think of is the weak suspension, too American, not very comfortable at high speeds.

Review Date: 13th March, 2005

24th Jul 2005, 18:33

You should get a bigger rear sway bar, and wider alluminum wheels, it makes the ride much softer and sportier.

1993 Chevrolet Corsica V6 from North America

Summary:

A very dependable car

Air Conditioner had to be replaced when it was five years in age.

Blinker had to be replaced twice.

General Comments:

This was a very reliable car.

It had plenty of horsepower even with the air conditioner running.

Review Date: 8th July, 2004

1993 Chevrolet Corsica from North America

Summary:

It's a good car for a beginning driver, like I was

My air conditioner stopped working in the middle of the summer, and I had to replace that.

I have now, in the 5 years that I have owned this car, had to replace the alternator twice.

In the first few weeks of owning the car, I noticed smoke coming from the steering column. There were wires burning in there and we had to fix that.

We had to replace the spark plug and wires this last summer.

The car pulls to the right and the steering wheel was not placed on correctly, it faces to the left instead of being centered.

There was one more problem, but I cannot remember what it was called that we fixed! I do remember that it was quite an expensive fix!

General Comments:

I know that I have had a lot of problems with this car, but it has been reliable to me. I've always been able to get home! I received this car when I turned 16 and drove it through high school and onto college! I make a 600 mile trip home and back to my college (that's 600 miles both ways) about 2 or 3 times a semester. I have horrible mileage in town, but when I get on the highway, the gas mileage is superb! It picks up very well too.

Review Date: 19th May, 2004