1995 Chevrolet Corsica Reviews - Page 3 of 4

Year of manufacture1994
First year of ownership1995
Most recent year of ownership1995
Previous carChevrolet Corsica

Summary:

Excellent

Replaced radiator at ~100K miles.

General Comments:

Nothing flashy. Get you from point A to B.

Solid build. Testimony: A Dodge Neon rear ended me once. No damage on mine while his Neon needs entire bumper replaced. I feel safe inside this car.

Low maintenance: just the usual oil change. Replaced tires at 80K miles. Replaced brake pad when worn. They sure don't make em like that anymore!

Review Date: 19th December, 2005

1995 Chevrolet Corsica V6 from North America

Engine and transmission V6 Automatic

Summary:

The Corsica is dependable, reliable, and the safest feeling car I've ever been in

The A/C did not work to begin with.

The radiator cracked and had to be replaced in the summer.

The drivers side blinker was the first thing that stopped working.

General Comments:

This car is the first I've ever owned, but I'm so glad that it is.

The only accident that I had was in a parking lot and I slowly bumped into a 1998 Honda Civic. My Corsica, being made like a tank, had no damage, while the fiberglass Civic needed a new rear door. I never been in a car that made me feel that safe.

Review Date: 7th September, 2005

1995 Chevrolet Corsica 2.2 4cyc from North America

Engine and transmission 2.2 4cyc Automatic

Summary:

Best car ever made for under $20,000

Replaced alternator

AC pump broke (used a bypass belt)

Coil pack went bad

Replaced muffler (rusted)

General Comments:

This car is very reliable.

Requires basic repairs same as ever car.

Great fuel use.

Great handling.

Very tough engine. I'm 19 and I beat on this thing and it takes everything I send at it.

Quick for what it is. Don't expect a racer out of a 2.2 4cyc.

Only problems are the seats are wearing, and ac doesn't seem to last long on these cars.

Review Date: 17th August, 2005

10th Oct 2005, 16:00

Best HIGH maintenance car car under 20k?

1995 Chevrolet Corsica from North America

Year of manufacture1995

Water pump needed to be replaced twice.

Alternator needed to be replaced.

Needed a new Radiator.

Head Gasket Blew twice.

And other minor things like brakes, etc.

General Comments:

If you take very good care of this car it will last you.

This car is very comfortable.

Review Date: 3rd November, 2004

1995 Chevrolet Corsica 3.1 V6 SFI from North America

Engine and transmission 3.1 V6 SFI Automatic
Previous carPontiac Grand Am

Summary:

A great deal that works well as basic transportation

Upon purchase, the Corsica made great shuddering noises in right hand corners and under acceleration. It also needed a front-end alignment, and to my surprise the alignment also cleared up all of those other problems as well.

Also upon purchase, I knew that the rear (dogbone) engine mount would need replacement. However, I found a local garage that could do it cheap, and with a used part and labor it actually cost less than the GM dealer would have charged me to buy it.

This car was involved in a moderate front end collision and had a Ford radiator installed when the front clip was replaced. This rendered all of the air conditioning equipment useless, so I hacksawed it off and threw it away. While doing this I noticed there was no electrical connection to the fan, which I reconnected, and allowed the fan to work properly.

The muffler strap rusted away shortly after purchasing the vehicle, and after having the GM dealer sell me the wrong part, I was able to get it at a local parts depot for only $8.99.

The Instrument Panel lights were tough to replace because the electrical shop I chose gave me a runaround about the parts being hard to find... while they were about $1.99 from GMPartsDirect, they tried to charge me $14.50 a bulb. Needless to say, the Better Business Bureau heard about it.

General Comments:

This car was meticulously maintained throughout its first eight years, and even being in a rather severe accident, it still runs like a dream (and has a brand new suspension all the way around, which gives this car a ride better than any midsize car I've ever been in.)

The 3.1 SFI V6 definitely combines power with economy. While not the ballsy engine ever put in a midsize car, when I was shopping I certainly found the extra V6 power nice to have, while not sacrificing fuel economy. While the Corsica has a smooth running V6, other midzize cars from this era (Contour, Altima) didn't even have an availible V6 at this point.

The interior controls are well laid-out and easy to see, and nothing seems to be far out of the drivers reach. The center console is aimed at the driver and makes it even easier to have access to the HVAC and radio controls.

The front seats are reasonably roomy, although looking at the back seats, I wouldn't want to a passenger in them (then again, I'm 6'2" and 240lbs as well.) They are just fine for my elderly father who is considerably smaller though, even for 250 mile trips.

I just wish I had air conditioning, and slightly less miles on my Corsica.

I also enjoy the wide-open look you get looking outside of the cabin, it allows you to see almost everything (the inside reminds me of a Ford Contour actually.)

My friends really can't believe the odometer or that such a tiny car packs a 170-hp V6.

I plan to get many trouble free miles out of my Corsica and plan to one-day replace it with a late-model Oldsmobile Aurora.

Review Date: 27th August, 2003