19th Sep 2006, 17:54
I am the poser of the original comment and would like to give an update on my 2004 Epica LT.
Here is a list of what has gone wrong:
- both headlights replaced
- both tail lights replaced
- condensation problem is back in 2 lights
- ECM module re-programmed 3 times
- TCM module re-programmed
- rough idling, stalling, sluggish shifting, poor gas mileage
- loud engine noise on cold start (in any weather)
- engine light was on several times, sometimes without a reason
- O2 sensor replaced
- brake switch replaced
- radio controls on steering wheel replaced (still not working right)
- huge shudder and pulsation when braking, GM and the dealer ignored this problem for over 15,000 km, until they finally machined the front rotors, now better, but not perfect
- clunking and knocking sounds from the steering (rack), GM says its normal despite a 2.5 in play in the steering wheel
- windshield pressure crack, replaced on warranty
- Traction control warning light comes on periodically, GM does not know why
- automatic climate control does not work properly
- clunking sound from the rear suspension
- rust on the rear side window frames.
The car has 25,000km (about 16,000 miles). It's been in the shop too much and many problems are ignored by the dealership and GM.
It was my last GM vehicle.
13th May 2013, 13:32
We faced the same problem twice. Please change to a new battery only. No need to do change any other parts.
30th Jun 2014, 20:29
I have recently bought a used 2004 Chevy Epica as well and I am having similar issues. Did they ever find the problem with your car? Same scenario, stalled in the middle of an intersection, but restarted only to stall again. I called the dealer to see if there was a recall; they weren't much help. They would not even tell me of the recall that was already fixed, as I'm not the original owner at the time the issue was fixed. This is my first Chevy, and from my experience so far it will be my last. Very frustrating.