2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 3.8L V6 from North America

Summary:

Not bad with low mileage, but once the mileage gets up there, everything starts going wrong

Traction control and ABS engages in 'inappropriate' conditions.

Uses a lot of bearings.

General Comments:

Good performance for a family car.

Have had a few problems with it.

Review Date: 19th November, 2009

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 6 cyl 150-ish HP from North America

Summary:

It's luxurious and sexy like none other!!!

Well when I bought the thing, it had no rear passenger side (not drivers side) exterior door handle, which sucks.

Also, the ABS system seems to be finicky... it works... then doesn't work... then works again... strange... but all around... that's about it... great car.

General Comments:

My first car was a 1995 Cougar XR7 4.7 Ltr. V8 --- fast, powerful, big block of solid metal. then I totaled it. And my dad bought me a 2002 Ford Focus hatchback for Xmas one year... I ran the air conditioning out of it in about 3 months, one of the engine mounts split in about 4 months... and on month 8, the 4th gear blew out the bottom of the car on the highway... so we gave it back to the dealer for 5,000...and traded it for my 2003 IMPALA like 3 days ago...

And OMG... I love that beast so much... so comfy... spacious, powerful, sparkly... everything is amazing except what I mentioned above. It's amazing, and now I feel like I'm driving an adult car LOL!!! Feels like I'm a business man in the big city or something... but I'm just a college kid... it's so awesome though!!! Very reliable and comfortable, cold A/C, CD player with IPOD option, electric seat movers, automatic windows and everything automatic, sunroof... it's awesome... OK I'm done...!!!

I love it sooo much!!! It is the WHITE SHARK -- in the footsteps of Hunter s. Thompson's RED SHARK -- 33 years ago <33.

Review Date: 29th August, 2009

2003 Chevrolet Impala 3.4 V6 from North America

Summary:

The car is the best you can get

First the converter stopped up and the car couldn't get over fifty on a hill, and now it's losing oil and coolant. I need help; I love my car and I would really appreciate any help I can get on this problem. Please email me at briannansage@yahoo.com

Thanks.

General Comments:

The car is very roomy and a smooth ride.

Review Date: 25th August, 2009

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 3.8L from North America

Tail lights filled with water.

Module that controls rear window defroster and fan motor had to be replaced.

General Comments:

My wife and I love this car. It gets excellent fuel economy and is very comfortable. Lots of power. Great cruiser.

Like this style better than the 2006 and newer. Currently looking for a good used 2005 Impala. We are keeping the 2003.

Review Date: 23rd August, 2009

2003 Chevrolet Impala 3.8L from North America

Summary:

Great American car with low maintenance!

Tie rod (change or tighten).

Sparks plugs etc (due to misfiring of cylinders).

I have also done all basic fluid changes, brakes etc.

General Comments:

I had my 2003 Chevy Impala for about 1 1/2 year and still would have it if I hadn't been involved in an accident.

This car has some serious power to it; once she got moving there weren't too many vehicles who could out "class" her.

Very reliable car also; there were some things wrong with the car, but she just kept on moving.

The dealer who I got the car from would say he was changing my spark plugs, but he never did, he just turned off the "check engine" light. So there ended up being two bad cylinders, but she kept driving like a pro!

Also I has involved in a accident out of state. About 200 miles away and still drove home like there was nothing wrong.

Overall I would get another Impala in a heartbeat, but you've got to be careful of previous owners! Too many young people are attracted to them and are ruining these cars for everyone!

Review Date: 13th January, 2009

2003 Chevrolet Impala Base 3.4L from North America

Summary:

The Impala is a great car.

The intake gaskets were leaking internally causing the oil to mix with the antifreeze. If you hear a boiling noise from behind the dash on the passenger side, go directly to your mechanic. It may be the intake gaskets. The car had no other symptom other than the boiling noise.

The remote door locks will not work anymore. The computer is bad.

The headlights will go off for no reason when they are on bright. I very seldom ever use the hi-beams for this reason.

General Comments:

The Impala handles great.

The seats are comfortable.

The truck is huge.

The gas mileage is very good.

The body style is great.

Review Date: 12th June, 2008

27th Jun 2010, 10:18

Don't worry, there's nothing wrong with your headlights. The low beams automatically turn off when you activate the high beams. My 2002 Buick Century does the same thing, as did my 95 LeSabre and my 87 & 93 Century. You have no problem, and you can use your high beams whenever you need to.

14th Nov 2010, 14:03

Did you try to change the batteries in your remote for your keyless entry? A lot of times that will fix the problem, I just bought an Impala like 3 days ago, and the key fob didn't work, so I changed the batteries, and now it works from about 100 feet away.