1996 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2.2 4 cylinder from North America

Love it

Typical wear and tear parts.

General Comments:

Bought this truck with a bad trans in it. It wasn't mechanical failure, but was rear ended and that's what damaged it. I replaced the nv1500 with a Borg Warner t5 and the truck also needed both coil packs.

In the 18000 miles I've driven it this year, I have 0 major complaints about this truck. It's as good as it gets for a small single cab pickup and it serves its purpose very well with a consistent 29 MPG per full tank, and I accurately calculated that by always filling up every time I stopped for gas.

My only complaints are typical GM stuff like the driver's seat that always rips to pieces by the door.

Review Date: 10th September, 2016

1996 Chevrolet S-10 Mark III V6 from North America

Beautiful driving truck

Replaced water pump.

Replaced tires.

Replaced clutch.

Regular oil changes.

Replaced air filter and fuel filter.

Replaced spark plugs.

General Comments:

This truck is absolutely the best ever. I bought in 1997, new from a dealer. Only a very few of these were made, especially with the Mark III conversion. A '90s classic. Only has 84,500 miles.

I have kept it in garage when not in use. The original paint job is still very shiny and clean when detailed. All power inside with leather and wood trim. Beautiful. Gets head turns everywhere I go and people asking if I would sell. Looks as if it will outlive me as I am 72 now.

Drives like a dream. More power than I could ever want. Just step on gas and go. Starts with one key turn.

A/C, AM/FM, cassette, overhead lighting system, rear sliding window, fold down center console. Just beautiful. Love it.

Was offered $8500 - I turned it down. Why take that to begin payments again. No way Jose! Might take $10,000 - at least that would give me something to buy a new car. But sure would hate to lose this one.

Review Date: 4th March, 2015

5th Mar 2015, 14:43

You turned down $8500, but you would take $10,000?

Should have taken the $8500, which would buy at least 3 or 4 really nice 90s S-10 pickups.

5th Mar 2015, 21:01

Any offer that comes in about about $1500 for a small truck which is almost 20 years old, should be taken on the spot and run with. Whoever offered $8500 either had no idea which vehicle he was offering that money for, or had the IQ of a brick.

28th Sep 2015, 00:23

I also have a 1996 S10 Mark 3. It's very unique and I've never seen a similar truck. It's a 4 cylinder 5 speed, but with plain interior and no power options.

12th Aug 2016, 17:44

I am an auto dealer in KY, and any kind of small truck will bring more than 1500 easily. Don't know who taught you vehicle prices, but they have a lot to learn, the mark III S10 may very well be worth 8500.

12th Aug 2016, 23:22

Let's see proof that one actually sold for that much.

Lacking that, you might as well say it may very well be worth $100,000!

1996 Chevrolet S-10 LS 4.3 Vortec from North America

I love this truck!

02 sensor, serpentine belt, and third door handle.

General Comments:

Maybe I got lucky with this truck, but so far I put almost 20,000 miles on her and have yet to replace a thing on it.

I don't understand how there's so much hate on these trucks. It's over 204,000 and running as strong as ever. I doubt many imports achieve that worry free.

The 4.3 has a lot of get up and go, and can still achieve 16 MPG city if you aren't too hard on it.

Review Date: 22nd November, 2012

1996 Chevrolet S-10 LS 4.6 V6 from North America

Excellent vehicle, and would buy another

Driver side seat back adjuster broken (like that when I bought it).

Wipers stick and horn only works when you press in a specific spot.

Cab corners rusted out (replaced them); poor design by Chevrolet.

General Comments:

Great little truck, has stood up well and the motor is very strong. Towed a light trailer and worked well.

Good gas mileage.

Have owned for 10 years and never left me in a lurch. Good all around small truck.

Review Date: 26th April, 2010