9th Nov 2011, 00:34

Yeah, buy USA and buy a Ford.

Chevy is government owned now, we support the government plenty with the illegal taxes they are paid every year.

Personally a Land Rover is a much better vehicle.

14th May 2013, 08:54

Good morning, I just read your comments online about your van. I am quite impressed. I also have a 1994 Chevy Van with less than 120000 miles. It runs like a top. It's my first conversion van and I love it.

I'm putting in new window motors over the weekend, and would really like to take the old tube TV out and put in a nice flat screen with a DVD attached to the side of it. If you have any ideas or examples on how I should go about this project, please give me some input, or who does that type of work?

Love my van. It rides good, feels good, and is just a great van.

15th May 2013, 10:01

I laughed when I read about Land Rover. Worst vehicle we ever had; engine issues, blown air suspension, super loud annoying buzzers. Dual instruments that seemed overkill. And it was a Range Rover.

My best vehicle also was a 1990 High Top Chevy Van. To answer the TV mount, I first removed the old TV VCR and even the Nintendo unit. I bought a DVD mounted in on the shelf. I bought a small flat screen and covered the entire opening where the old TV was. I used a bracket and mounted it. I mounted the electric strip behind the TV on the shelf. I fished the electric wiring single wire to the rear and connected to a large Duracell battery box for 110V. It ran for many hours until I got home and plugged it into home electrical supply for a recharge. I believe the Duracell box was around 100.00. I chose this as engine off there was no 12V battery drain. Even though I had a 2 battery system, I liked the direction I took. Changing to a flat screen and DVD was fantastic. The boomerang antenna remained on the rooftop, but quit working when everything went away from off the air signals.

My van was a beauty with a great conversion. I had Cadillac Ditzler paint and the Dykert seating was like a corporate jet. I regret selling this great van.

28th May 2014, 17:16

So... as a Mercedes driver I'm dishonest, dishonorable, and callous to those in need? You never met me, dude. Not sure you're in a great place to be calling anyone rude.

As for reliability... that Mercedes is a thirty year old W123. Starts and runs like freakin' new, every single day. Let me know how your car is doing at 350,000 miles.

29th May 2014, 18:11

I had 2 Mercedes personally. Bring your wallet is my viewpoint. My 450SL and my 300SD may still be running, but they cost a fortune to keep running. It was worse owning them vs a powerboat. Everything was high parts and labor. I had a high top GM as one of our 5 cars or so at a given time. A 37 gallon tank to fill, but no high dollar repairs. Maybe I was rude as an import owner, but it was certainly nice selling ours to buy something else! We buy mostly new cars, so we know what maintenance costs are since initial purchase.

30th May 2014, 05:44

I don't think someone is going to sell a 3/4 ton high top conversion van for a diesel sedan. Probably the same new cost though. A brand new high top van with full amenities is like riding in a corporate jet. In fact my seating in the rear was every bit as comfortable. I had zero issues on mine. If I did, I would simply buy another new one in its place. These are outstanding for trips. If you are fortunate enough to be a passenger, it's even better. Watch TV with DVD with cold A/C on. It's the way to go.