2010 Chrysler 300 Review

Year of manufacture2010
First year of ownership2011
Most recent year of ownership2013
Previous carFord Taurus

Summary:

I would definitely buy the 2008-2010 models with a 3.5L and up

Fall 2012: Toe was out on the front passenger side - Fixed.

Late fall/early winter 2012: The gas gauge stopped working properly, but we didn't realize because of not driving the car much and the gauge needle would still move. We ran out of gas when we were just about to turn left in rush hour - Towed to dealer and fixed.

Winter 2012: When we got the safety done because of moving to another province, the dealer saw that the steering was binding. I noticed a couple times that it was a bit stiff prior to this - Fixed.

Total cost: Approx. $1000.00 at Chrysler dealers (nothing fixed under warranty).

General Comments:

This car unfortunately went through some abuse with my dad smacking a curb really hard head on (Sept. 2012) and my mom packing the car so full when we moved that it stopped and shut off when I was turning into a parking lot (Nov. 2012). Yes, I sure did warn her about over-packing the car.

It was quite upsetting. I try to "protect" it as much as I can, but it is my mom's car.

- Performance is great. A very fast car.

- Overall, reliability is good! Those few months were unlucky for us though.

- It's a smooth ride for the most part and really nice on trips, but the seats can get uncomfortable. My back starts to hurt when driving it on long trips.

- The 2 dealers we've gone to for work were great, and do a good job.

- Oil changes cost a bit more because it takes an extra litre of oil, but besides that it's pretty reasonable.

My dad owned multiple Toyotas in the 70's-80's, and as a family we've had a 1992 Cavalier, 2000 Taurus, and this 2010 300. My favorite was definitely the Taurus as far as reliability goes; in time we'll see how the Chrysler holds up. My parents tend to keep cars a long time.

Review Date: 24th August, 2013