2004 Chrysler Pacifica AWD from North America

Summary:

Nice features, american car!

The recalled valve - only $150 to replace and Chrysler sent me a reimbursement check (very timely) for the recall.

The front bumper? Has always thumped/clunked. Kind of annoying. Also, when I back up, it always clunks and probably frightens passersby. Sounds like I ran over something.

YIKES! Since about 84,000 miles, the FUEL gage goes crazy when the tank falls below half full. It just dings, the gas low light comes on and the needle drops to empty. REPEATEDLY. It FREAKED me OUT the first time it happened! Apparently, this is a common occurrence in the 04 models. Something about the gas tank being in 2 separate sections... In any case, my mechanic believes it is a pricey fix, so I just keep the tank over half full.

General Comments:

We bought this car in November of 2004 used, with 24,500 miles. It was a fully loaded model, and I have to say I LOVE that it's all-wheel-drive. It's like a mini-van, but much more cool. Very roomy. LOVE the 3rd row seat.

It does handle like a car - I believe it is built on a car frame rather than an SUV/truck frame. It also gets decent gas mileage. Usually about 20 mpg average.

Very comfortable car, and has nice features. I love the automatic lift gate, but wish the glass came up separately.

Overall, it's a great American vehicle with a combination of many excellent features. But I would recommend getting a 2005 or later model if possible. I think the 2004 was the roll-out year and there are some glitches.

Review Date: 26th September, 2008

2004 Chrysler Pacifica AWD from North America

Summary:

Outstanding vehicle

Has been trouble free since the start.

General Comments:

Excellent car. Comfort and handling are exceptional. Reliability has been great, gas mileage good, but could be higher.

Review Date: 18th February, 2008

2004 Chrysler Pacifica from North America

Summary:

What do you expect?

EGR Valve = $400 (factory recall after I paid)

Engine Mounts = $600 (took it to my old benz mechanic for much less)

Gas Vapor Sensor = $700 (had to fix this before I sold it, would not pass smog)

General Comments:

This was an okay vehicle, I liked the creature comforts, safetey and roominess. The transmission was clunky, visibility was bad and it was very underpowered. Some of the things listed shouldn't have gone out on a 2004 year model. It was basically what I expected from a Chrysler, so no surprises.

Review Date: 28th November, 2007

2004 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 3.5 V6 from North America

Summary:

Comfortable and nice for trips

Not sure what is wrong yet, I am hoping someone will read this and offer an opinion. When the car is cold and you put it into gear (any gear) you hear popping/clunking noises from the front end. It only does this the first time you put it into gear when it is started cold. After that you hear no noises and the car drives just fine. Anyone have any idea what could be making the noise? Most mechanics think I am nuts when I tell them what is going on and they all seem confused.

General Comments:

Overall we are very happy with the Pacifica. It has a very comfortable ride and the options are great. It gets much better mileage than my Rodeo that I traded for this vehicle. We love the space and my two dogs ride comfortably in the back with their dog beds.

Review Date: 5th June, 2007

1st Oct 2007, 15:21

I am the original writer of this review and I finally figured out what is making the popping/clunking noise in the front end. I took it into the Chrysler dealer and they said it is the control arms. I replaced them and it is quiet now. The dealer in my area was very nice and took the time to explain everything to me. I guess there is a TSB out on the issue, so it must be a common issue. Still very happy with the vehicle and would buy another one.

14th Feb 2008, 11:12

What is the TSB?

14th Feb 2008, 18:21

Technical Service Bulletin.

14th Feb 2008, 18:30

TSB is the "Transportation Safety Board"

16th Feb 2008, 07:55

A TSB out on a vehicle is a Technical Service Bulletin, which is sent to service departments.

Nice try though!

15th Sep 2008, 13:02

Thank you for your review. I just picked up an 04 pacifica, and noticed that sound too. I'll have the dealership check it out. Thank you again!