2004 Chrysler Pacifica from North America

Summary:

I would not buy a Pacifica anymore!

Starter went out.

A lot of electrical problems.

Motor mounts break easily.

General Comments:

I bought my car at 90,000 for a lot of money, of course through a buy here pay here.

I must admit, it is a very beautiful, spacious car.

In less than a day when I bought the car, I had to purchase a new battery. Things were still running when I turned the car off.

Then two weeks later I had to fix all four motor mounts.

A day after that, the starter went out. Even though this car was a fleet vehicle, it should not have so many problems.

Now that everything is fixed in the car, the remote and locks on door panel only lock all doors and unlock the driver's side. I have to manually press each lock on each door to unlock the car, which is annoying with two kids.

If the car would run without a sound, it would be a great family vehicle. It is very room and relaxing.

Another problem is when the car goes to get service for a part, it takes several days to get the vehicle back due to almost every part being on a nationwide back order.

I would not recommend this car for anyone. When I pay it off, I am going to sell it the next day!

Review Date: 18th March, 2009

2004 Chrysler Pacifica AWD from North America

Summary:

Nice features, american car!

The recalled valve - only $150 to replace and Chrysler sent me a reimbursement check (very timely) for the recall.

The front bumper? Has always thumped/clunked. Kind of annoying. Also, when I back up, it always clunks and probably frightens passersby. Sounds like I ran over something.

YIKES! Since about 84,000 miles, the FUEL gage goes crazy when the tank falls below half full. It just dings, the gas low light comes on and the needle drops to empty. REPEATEDLY. It FREAKED me OUT the first time it happened! Apparently, this is a common occurrence in the 04 models. Something about the gas tank being in 2 separate sections... In any case, my mechanic believes it is a pricey fix, so I just keep the tank over half full.

General Comments:

We bought this car in November of 2004 used, with 24,500 miles. It was a fully loaded model, and I have to say I LOVE that it's all-wheel-drive. It's like a mini-van, but much more cool. Very roomy. LOVE the 3rd row seat.

It does handle like a car - I believe it is built on a car frame rather than an SUV/truck frame. It also gets decent gas mileage. Usually about 20 mpg average.

Very comfortable car, and has nice features. I love the automatic lift gate, but wish the glass came up separately.

Overall, it's a great American vehicle with a combination of many excellent features. But I would recommend getting a 2005 or later model if possible. I think the 2004 was the roll-out year and there are some glitches.

Review Date: 26th September, 2008

2004 Chrysler Pacifica AWD from North America

Summary:

Outstanding vehicle

Has been trouble free since the start.

General Comments:

Excellent car. Comfort and handling are exceptional. Reliability has been great, gas mileage good, but could be higher.

Review Date: 18th February, 2008

2004 Chrysler Pacifica from North America

Summary:

What do you expect?

EGR Valve = $400 (factory recall after I paid)

Engine Mounts = $600 (took it to my old benz mechanic for much less)

Gas Vapor Sensor = $700 (had to fix this before I sold it, would not pass smog)

General Comments:

This was an okay vehicle, I liked the creature comforts, safetey and roominess. The transmission was clunky, visibility was bad and it was very underpowered. Some of the things listed shouldn't have gone out on a 2004 year model. It was basically what I expected from a Chrysler, so no surprises.

Review Date: 28th November, 2007