2007 Citroen C2 VTR 1.6 petrol from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Great car

Nothing.

General Comments:

Excellent in paddle shift manual mode. Very quick.

The car I had before was a Daihatsu YRV 130 Turbo semi auto, but find the Citroen much better.

Review Date: 3rd March, 2008

2007 Citroen C2 VTS 1.6i 16v (125bhp) from UK and Ireland

Summary:

It is an OUTSTANDING car

Bolts on the intake manifold sheared off.

Paintwork chips quite easily.

General Comments:

The car is amazing!

Very quick - I can keep up with my mate's Fiesta ST!

Handles like a go-kart!

It's only insurance group 8!

The ESP is spot on!

Amazing sound off the engine when you hit high revs!

It's a rev happy engine, which is great!

RPM light is a great touch!

Front seats are very supportive!

The heaters are brilliant!

Air-con as standard!

However the interior materials look a bit cheap.

3rd gear is a bit flat.

The C2 VTS may get to be too common, like the Fiesta Zetec-S.

Review Date: 3rd October, 2007

1st Feb 2008, 03:37

Where did this come from about the C2 being faster than the ST150? I have never had a VTS keep up with me and I'm also able to out brake them at every corner. I have even seen a Zetec S pass one, LOL :)

3rd Jul 2009, 07:34

I own a C2 VTS and have licked many STs, but I think it may been down to driver, and a well driven C2 VTS will indeed keep up with one in the right hands.

16th Apr 2010, 17:57

A VTS will stick to an ST (maybe on a track, lap after lap, it might pull ahead) but on the roads, there will be nothing between them. Fiesta is a much better car all around, apart from the insurance.

3rd Apr 2012, 06:54

My C2 VTS eats an ST easy LOL. I race them every weekend just for a warm up in Thurrock Lakeside Essex. The C2 weighs next to nothing, and is always a good thing when racing. The 1.6 injected engine is all it needs to kill a lot of 2 litre cars, and with the Fiesta ST, it's a very over hyped car, which people think is quick when it's not.

A lot of people think if it has racing stripes, it will go faster and win races LOL. Well it's Ford, and generally it will break down in its first year of being built, like most Fords.

I've been driving the C2 VTS for just over a year now, and I've put hardly any mods on it, and it never lets me down with a race. A lot of the time if you beat one, it's only because the driver doesn't know how to work the stick quick enough.

Don't let the go faster stripes intimidate you; it's only a sticker LOL.

2007 Citroen C2 VTS 1.6 petrol from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Superb!

Nothing as yet.

General Comments:

Car not as quick as my Saxo VTS, but still running in. Only 5 extra BHP to pull an extra 150KG approx. 2nd gear a bit strange when pulling compared to Saxo, and is best changed up quickly to 3rd which improves things.

Build quality is miles better than Saxo, and most things in the car are better designed. I expect it to be a lot more reliable in the long term, and so far not a thing has gone wrong.

Local Citroen dealer has always been excellent, despite most people's opinions about the dealer network, and I have never been able to fault them.

MPG isn't as good as I expected - never higher than 31.4 on combined cycle, but most journeys are to and from work in rush hour traffic, so probably as good as it will get. Wanted C3 VTR engine (1.6 110hp Turbo Diesel) in a C2, but they don't make one!

Looks sensational from any angle in my opinion, and the best colour is Poseidon Blue. Added various things since new, but nothing over the top. IE. Rear racing spoiler, Lexus rear lights, rear exhaust box.

Dislikes; re-locks after 30 seconds if you don't open a door, which is annoying and pointless in my opinion. Driver's door lock is not connected to central locking/ all the electrics shutting down when you stop the engine and open door.

Likes; Looks, driving, performance, equipment.

Review Date: 29th May, 2007

5th Aug 2007, 11:27

Glad to hear you like your VTS, as do I. As an additional piece of info, Citroen are launching a C2 VTS this month with the 1.6 HDi engine from the C3 VTR. Should be interesting!

3rd Oct 2007, 16:29

Hi I've recently bought a brand new C2 VTS (07) plate and I think it's a great little car. Its done 4000 miles so far and its O.K-the only problem so far is that the bolts on the intake manifold sheared off causing the manifold to squeal very loudly when you decelerate (Common fault on a C2 VTS), took it back to Citroen and they sorted it, not a problem!

Apparently the bolts Citroen have used on the C2 VTS intake manifold are NOT strong enough, they need to be thicker to stop them breaking off the manifold!!! If you were going to put a performance air filter on your C2 VTS engine, (e.g K & N, Piper-cross, green, powertec, etc.) you would be dramatically increasing the chance of failure to your manifold because the induction kit would be feeding the manifold to much air for it to cope with, this is why the bolts shear clean off! I would not recommend you doing this! With the standard air filter in place nothing should happen to the inlet manifold for a long time (25,000), it will eventually break.

Anyway its quick (I can keep up with my mates Fiesta ST), its cheap to run and its insurance group 8. It also looks amazing. Interior looks weak, but its good enough. Every car has a down side, but the C2 VTS has a lot more good points than bad. I won't be selling mine for a long time! Hope this has helped a few of you!

8th Oct 2007, 07:35

I picked up a VTS HDi last week which is also very impressive. I have only done about 300 miles so far, but first impressions are positive. Can't wait to see what it can do once the running in period is over.