2003 Citroen C3 sensor drive 1.6 petrol from Singapore

Summary:

Is a regret to own this c3 sensor drive

It come with bad fitting when I first received the car, the roof lining was not fit in properly and the interior desk board was not properly fitted.

A lot of plastic sound comes all over the interior when it on the road.

The car gave a lot of jerks when you go on low gear.

The car got no power on it first gear although it is a 1.6 litter car.

The engine of this car rattle violently on the first gear if you accelerate too fast as if the engine going to stall at you. Ask about the engine issue, the service agent could not solve your problem, but just tell you to live with it. The interior sound is getting noisy as the after you hit 15000km.

General Comments:

The general exterior look cute and nice

The performance was way too disappointed for a 1.6 car like this.

Interior is cheap and noisy.

There is little room for those who got a longer legs.

Review Date: 9th August, 2005

2003 Citroen C3 Exclusive 1.4HDi 92hp from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Reliable, fun, economical, roomy, quick and comfortable

Offside window switch ceased to function around 24,000 miles.

General Comments:

I have really enjoyed my C3 from the moment I took delivery.

The engine is very willing, the handling is very positive with hardly any body roll (French car - Wow!), the braking system is simply superb, the cd/radio and speakers are top flight, and the car itself is quiet (inside, at any rate!)

There can be some road noise over certain surfaces, but an adjustment to the radio volume takes care of it!

It is also larger than it looks, the height tends to make it look narrower, and the boot is deceptive, being deep rather than long. Take out the moduboard unless you use it as it wastes a lot of useful space.

Cabin interior is light and airy, but pale colours can stain and mark, and some of the trim seems flimsy...doesn't break, though.

Review Date: 27th May, 2005

2003 Citroen C3 from Singapore

Summary:

Looks good, but quality is certainly an issue

1.Faulty fuel indicator- Agent could get it fix.

2. The rubber seal around the windors are not firm.

3.All sort of noise started to be coming from outside and inside of the car after 15000KM.

4. Battery went flat after 1 month upon receiving delivery of the car.

5. Plastics parts in the car have sharp edges. The Plastic finish and quality is something the Manufacturer should be looking into.

6. Noise of gear shift happens after 10000KM and scares me off.

7.Car jerks too much during gear shifts.

8.Not much of leg room as described in the car specification/review.

General Comments:

The car attracts my friends to ask about it.

Review Date: 16th April, 2005

2003 Citroen C3 exlusive, sensodrive 1.6 petrol from Hungary

Summary:

Never again!

Sensodrive gearbox had more software problems so the software was updated two times (in 2003 and 2004).

Sensodrive gear change has been being clumsy and bumping between low gears even after some tunings.

Sensodrive still has some tricky bad malfunction if you are not careful and slow enough when changing to revers or stopping.

The car tends to pull to right slightly although the wheel assembly is OK.

Terrible squeaking sound from driver side wheel despite changing brake pads.

Annoying noises and chatterings within the car.

Creaking noise from the window raiser.

General Comments:

Sensodrive is over the ability of designers.

Cheap interior.

Bad performance/price ratio.

Boot is very little.

Motor is too loud.

Especially big turning cycle.

Review Date: 10th March, 2005

17th May 2005, 09:17

I totally agree with all your comments and review about the C3. I own a C3 sensodrive in Dec 2003. I can't afford to sell away the car now because it's just too expensive to do so. Too bad, I'm stuck with a bad car. Actually, I face more problems than what you had identified in your review.

My car seat squeaks, there are just too many noise coming from everywhere around the car. The fuel indicator is not accurate, the digital clock in the middle of the dashborad stop working, the paint work is done thoroughly done on the car, there is definitely problems with the gear box. It's performance over humps is not fantastic either. The pick up is slower than a 1000cc car. Whenever you send the car to the workshop, I only receive a standard reply that is "the car is meant to be like that, or it is very normal for the car to have such sound. I seriously wonder what can Citroen do to rectify the problem. I'm sure every C3 owner faces the same problem within the warranty period of the car, but the problem I believe is still present. By the way, I just feel very embarrass to invite anyone into my car. I did not have such problem before when I drove other makes of older cars before.

The plastic in the car is terrible. It looks inferior and has sharp edges and gets easily stained.

I think by writing this I'm at least able to share my experience and also to release the stress I have with the car. The list does not stop here, there are more to it, but I think enough for now.

Thanks for your review, at least I know that I'm not the only one with a bad experience.