2003 Citroen C3 Desire 1.4 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Don't Touch It!!

Power Steering keeps cutting out and tripping the speedometer (5 times so far)

Central locking keeps failing causing Immoblizer to stop engine turning over.

Scrath on door when collected from dealers

Engine Management Light keeps coming on for no reason (Spent three days in garage then collected, did 17 miles and came back on!) 2 hours later.

CD Player makes funny noise similar to alarm ringing?

Car keeps miss-firing.

General Comments:

As I'm a Driving Instructor I need a reliable car, the Sales and Service Department appeared to show interest in resolving the problems. Unfortunately they now know me by first name terms and show little enthusiasm in re-building my confidence as the complaint's are still happening almost every other day.

Thank god for Citroen assist the Car Recovery Unit as I can rely on them to collect me when she fails.

Review Date: 15th August, 2004

10th Dec 2004, 03:16

My wife who is also a driving instructor also has a C3 with the same problems as this.

The Power steering and Speedo can be forced to fail by holding the car on the clutch with the handbrake applied, as a student would do on a slope at a T junction.

The engine mis fires and sounds as though it is hunting for an appropriate idling speed which makes the car stall when pulling away.

My wife's car has gone back under warranty several times and all they do is replace the same speed sensor which doesn't cure the fault, the garage are very condescending to my wife when she queries their engineering expertise. I don't think that they take into account that she spends most of her life in her car and will know it a little more intimately than their mechanic. We are not impressed with the Citroen after sales or their engineering knowledge. I do not believe that they have a genuine mechanic who can fault find without the aid of a diagnostic computer.

19th Dec 2004, 05:20

Console moves each time I change gear, so it sounds like I am driving a van!

The brakes squeal when the car has been on the move for 5 minutes or more.

On the whole I have enjoyed driving my C3 until this started. I am going back to the garage tomorrow and hope it will be sorted out. The garage have changed the console once so I will have to wait to find out what they have to say this time.

I have had many Citroen cars over the years and have always found them reliable and fun to drive.

2003 Citroen C3 Exclusive 1.6 from UK and Ireland

Whine from compressor air con, replace, belt, bearing, conpressor, loan car supply.

Front light change as mist up in wet plus upgrade software gearbox.

Full marks service.

Mini from BMW dealer brought same year toy town service, a real joke.

General Comments:

Good all found car.

Review Date: 17th June, 2004

2003 Citroen C3 Exclusive 1.4 from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Really fantastic except slightly underpowered

Nothing has gone wrong with this car at all.

General Comments:

This car is a brilliant commuter and also an excellent highway cruiser. The fuel economy is mind numbingly good. The only fault is that the 1.4 motor is slightly underpowered - so definitely go for the 1.6. A really great little car.

Review Date: 21st November, 2003

2003 Citroen C3 Exclusive 1.4 Hdi from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Citroen-chic economy with Citroen-cheap quality control

This car is only two weeks old, so these are delivery faults:

One door mirror doesn't fold;

The alarm goes off intermittently;

The fuse box cover was missing;

There was duck tape on the inside of the rear sunroof;

The clutch is a little jerky at the top of the pedal travel;

There is twitching noise from the sunroof seal.

General Comments:

This is an excellent car in principle, very comfortable and economical with excellent performance from the engine which has plenty of power for passing.

It looks real good and is practical.

The ride is smooth and the handling reassuring, but the seats are not as comfortable as they could be.

I love the lazy drive and appreciate the cruise control and light steering.

There are lots of goodies on the car, but some of them don't work as they should (is this a fault of the multiplex wiring?).

The price was good, but the car is let down by poor quality control.

The instruments take a while to get used to though - it's as if there are some missing, somehow.

Auto climate control is a treat, needing very little attention.

We shall see if the dealer is a happy in dealing with the faults as they were to sell us the car.

We're averaging 61mpg driving in the Welsh mountains.

Review Date: 10th October, 2003

2003 Citroen C3 Sensodrive 1.6 petrol from Malaysia

Summary:

A good looking car, but need quality improvement

Oil level on the speedometer show fault sparingly during engine start.

Rear bumper came dented with a length of about 2.5 feet.

Brake squeaking sound from driver side wheel.

Annoying electronics noise (seems like a fan noise) behind the small warning speaker beside the CD changer.

General Comments:

This car is cute and turn head.

However the seat are not comfortable at all with lousy fabric, bad lumber and hear rest support.

The air-conditioning unit is very good, especially in the hot Asia weather.

Sensodrive is cool to drive, but the gear change timing is off most of time in low gear.

The plastics interior look cheap, especially some part has different toning... look like recycle stuff.

Review Date: 9th September, 2003

8th Mar 2005, 20:54

It that really true of your comment? because I planning to buy one, your can contact me at kenttanck@gmx.net thanks