1995 Daewoo Nexia Reviews

1995 Daewoo Nexia GLX 1.5 from UK and Ireland

Most recent distance92000 miles
Previous carFiat Tipo

Summary:

There are worse wrecks out there

Nothing in the year I owned it until the clutch went. This made it uneconomical for repair.

General Comments:

This car was end of life when I bought it. It was a stop gap until I decided what I wanted to invest in.

The air con was deceased, but all else worked fine.

Quite nippy, but I think it would have been better with a bigger lump. Sadly someone had taken to the metallic graphite with something abrasive, so it didn't win any beauty points.

It wasn't particularly good on fuel, but not terrible either.

Very comfortable.

Whilst it was OK for the £300 I paid for it, I think if I'd have had it new, I'd have been a bit disappointed by performance, but then it probably drove a lot better when newer. It had a hard act to follow, as I remember the hype in its original guise as a Vauxhall Astra MK2, which had excellent performance for the era.

I doubt I'd buy another, but then it wasn't a choice purchase to begin with.

Review Date: 5th August, 2012

1995 Daewoo Nexia GLX 1.5 DOHC from Slovenia

Model year1995
Engine and transmission 1.5 DOHC Manual
Distance when acquired120000 kilometres
Previous carSkoda Felicia

Summary:

You can't get more for your money

Air Condition wasn't working when I bought it - leak in cooler.

Front brakes were worn off.

Co-drivers belt doesn't roll on.

General Comments:

I bought the car in Jan 2004 (now I'm third owner - second owner had the car for few months, probably because A/C wasn't working and repair is expensive). The repair costs about 450 euro, but I managed to get it repaired for 250 euro (with refill). Now it works fine.

We had a Nexia few years ago (same model), so I knew what I was buying. I'm not disappointed with the car at all. For being a 9 year old Korean car it's in a remarkably good condition. You really can't expect Mercedes-class luxury, but for this money you get more than by other brands. Mine cost 2100 euro and for that money I got 90HP engine, one airbag, servo, A/C, electric windows, central lock, alarm,...

The only thing that bothers me is that I think I'll have to change exhaust system in a few months.

Review Date: 7th October, 2004

1995 Daewoo Nexia GLX 1.5 from Netherlands

Most recent distance120000 kilometres

I have just a question My car has an oil leak its dripping on the exhaust, but I can't find were it comes from.

Can someone help me.

Review Date: 12th September, 2004

1995 Daewoo Nexia GLE 1.5 petrol from Croatia

First year of ownership1995
Engine and transmission 1.5 petrol Manual
Previous carYugo 45

Summary:

Slow, thirsty, weak, but air conditioned car

Had to change exhaust system two times, now running on my third exhaust which is near it's end.

The digital clock never worked.

The factory radio-cassette player died a few times in five years, now replaced with a Sony radio-casette player.

A $400 repair because of rough idle running.

Back bearings got worn out two times ($20 for repairs).

Electrical problems with right back positional lights, the light bulb was changed a few times, but still doesn't work.

Rust on every door and on the side.

The tank opener gets stuck, always have to use the emergency pull tab and open it with a key or a coin.

Sometimes the air condition doesn't work (maybe needs refilling).

General Comments:

Consumes up to 16L/100km.

Has terrible accelerations, even at 5400rpm, you still have a feeling that the car isn't going.

Loud at RPMs higher than 2000.

Back seats give you backache if you drive more than an hour in the back.

Front seats are also bad, you get tired very soon.

Plastic is low quality, squeaks all over the car.

The built in speakers (four of them) are OK, if they were just a bit stronger.

Doesn't like fast driving or playing with gears, 4 of 5 times when you aggressively switch from 2nd to 3rd gear it gets stuck and you have to easily switch it to third.

All in all, I'm OK with the car because it has air conditioning, but the fuel consumption drives me mad. You can't do more than 350km with a 50L tank.

Review Date: 15th February, 2004

7th Oct 2004, 06:22

I don't know how you can have such high fuel consumption - my Nexia has the same engine and air condition and I have 7.9 - 8L/100km.

7th Jun 2005, 13:58

Me again! Now I have 104000km and the alternator broke down on me. Really funny sounds came out of the car before I shut it down. Around 3500rpm it made a turbine like noise, not for long though = (

Anyway, I fixed it for less than 100 Eur! Just made more effort than going to the official dealer (that would have cost me more than 200 Eur!).

Nothing of that Mercedes, someone else is driving it =(

But looking into a Fabia VRS, tired of poor fuel consumption and the lazy engine.