1995 Daewoo Nexia GLX 1.5 from Netherlands

I have just a question My car has an oil leak its dripping on the exhaust, but I can't find were it comes from.

Can someone help me.

Review Date: 12th September, 2004

1995 Daewoo Nexia GLE 1.5 petrol from Croatia

Summary:

Slow, thirsty, weak, but air conditioned car

Had to change exhaust system two times, now running on my third exhaust which is near it's end.

The digital clock never worked.

The factory radio-cassette player died a few times in five years, now replaced with a Sony radio-casette player.

A $400 repair because of rough idle running.

Back bearings got worn out two times ($20 for repairs).

Electrical problems with right back positional lights, the light bulb was changed a few times, but still doesn't work.

Rust on every door and on the side.

The tank opener gets stuck, always have to use the emergency pull tab and open it with a key or a coin.

Sometimes the air condition doesn't work (maybe needs refilling).

General Comments:

Consumes up to 16L/100km.

Has terrible accelerations, even at 5400rpm, you still have a feeling that the car isn't going.

Loud at RPMs higher than 2000.

Back seats give you backache if you drive more than an hour in the back.

Front seats are also bad, you get tired very soon.

Plastic is low quality, squeaks all over the car.

The built in speakers (four of them) are OK, if they were just a bit stronger.

Doesn't like fast driving or playing with gears, 4 of 5 times when you aggressively switch from 2nd to 3rd gear it gets stuck and you have to easily switch it to third.

All in all, I'm OK with the car because it has air conditioning, but the fuel consumption drives me mad. You can't do more than 350km with a 50L tank.

Review Date: 15th February, 2004

7th Oct 2004, 06:22

I don't know how you can have such high fuel consumption - my Nexia has the same engine and air condition and I have 7.9 - 8L/100km.

7th Jun 2005, 13:58

Me again! Now I have 104000km and the alternator broke down on me. Really funny sounds came out of the car before I shut it down. Around 3500rpm it made a turbine like noise, not for long though = (

Anyway, I fixed it for less than 100 Eur! Just made more effort than going to the official dealer (that would have cost me more than 200 Eur!).

Nothing of that Mercedes, someone else is driving it =(

But looking into a Fabia VRS, tired of poor fuel consumption and the lazy engine.

1995 Daewoo Nexia GLE 1.5 injector from Hungary

Summary:

A very nice car with the standards of the yesterday before

Central door lock strikes at 12 000, 31 000 and 77 000 kilometers.

The petrol pump was changed at 124 000 km.

Accumulator went wrong at 141 000 km (at age of 7 years, a very good Varta was it!)

The injector was adjusted in March 2003.

General Comments:

Oh, my good old Nexia! I lost you in the last month by a crash. You was so injured that you are unrepairable. I am very sad without you. You was a really poorly maintained car - no air condition, no airbag, no ABS, - but a really fine power steering, electronic door lock and electronic windows. Your petrol consumption was really acceptable, only 6,9 liters per 100 km, a good average by the very many driving in the cities and a lot of "deep flights" on the German highways. Your engine was no more silent, and some spots of corrosion was on your backside region.

You must know, I loved you, I am very sad, that you are no more repairable. I hate the ugly transporter which damaged you on the Czech mountain road!

Rest in peace, Nexia!

Review Date: 13th August, 2003

1995 Daewoo Nexia GL 1.5 SOHC 5Door from Norway

Summary:

Fit some options, and you'll have a sports car with insufficient engine-power

-Had to replace the entire windshield wiper linkage at 60.000 Km.

-Replaced push-button for the hatch.

-My car have a tendency to get it's wheels off-centered.

-Some rust in paint-job (damages).

-Hard to find styling and tuning options for this car.

-Way to small engine.

-They could have done a much better job with the interior.

General Comments:

-Have not yet had any major problems with this car, never failed to start.

-Handles like a dream with stiffened suspension and wider tires (195/45-16").

-A quite simple car, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to fix small problems on this car.

Review Date: 26th May, 2003