2010 Dodge Avenger RT 3.5 from North America

Summary:

Love our Avenger

No problems yet to date. The visor clip on the passenger side broke off shortly after I bought it. Not a huge deal, I remember that both of them broke in my Durango, too. It was a $7 part...

General Comments:

I finally got to the point where my 2000 Durango was needing replacement. After 12 years, just about 300K and being driven by 3 teenagers, it had seen its better days. Was a fantastic car for the time we had it, but with all kids off to college/out of the house, and nothing left to pull, I decided it was time for something more efficient.

I have the RT. The 3.5 V6 is awesome. Runs dead quiet, and gets about 28 MPG on my morning commute. The 6 speed transmission is very smooth. Looks really sharp with the silver paint and dual exhaust. People mistake it for a Charger all the time.

I really like the interior; the two tone dash and leather look really nice, and it is easy to keep clean. I also really like the touchscreen stereo. It is really easy to use, and the controls on the back of the steering wheel really aid in use as well.

It drives really nice and smooth. The only issue is, and I've seen this on other Avenger reviews, is the back pillars make visibility a little tough sometimes, but you get used to it. Handles well in inclement weather too.

Got it for a really nice price. Looked at a Fusion and Malibu.

We didn't care for the Malibu as much, it just felt like a big car, and really didn't have any flair. Not like that is all we were looking for, but finally being at the point where we can live without a family vehicle, we wanted something a little more sporty.

The Fusion was a nice car, but the Ford guys refused to deal. And they wanted more for less.

We also drove a new 2011 Avenger. It was a really nice car, but for the price of the base model, we got ours fully loaded for about $1000 less than the stripped 2011, with only 4k miles and a 100k warranty.

Review Date: 15th February, 2012

15th Sep 2012, 09:45

"...but the Ford guys refuse to deal."

I purchased my last 3 Fords at invoice! Plus they are practically giving away Fusions now due to the redesign.

2010 Dodge Avenger SXT from North America

Summary:

Great

Nothing.

General Comments:

What an awesome car - quiet, comfortable and sips gas -- this car handles really good. and for a 4 cylinder, is responsive enough.

Only fuel efficient car I could find that didn't look like a munchkin car.

Review Date: 19th August, 2010

19th Aug 2010, 19:11

I'm glad you like the car, and the styling is very distinctive. My experience with Chrysler products has been very good. Absolutely no problems at all, including one that was sold at just under a quarter million miles. Mine have been virtually indestructible.

28th Dec 2010, 22:43

Your experience with Chrysler is very rare. They have been producing the worst cars in North America for the last thirty years. That's probably why they're a dead, bankrupt company, with no new product until until Fiat tries to breath new life into them.