1990 Dodge Daytona Base model 2.5 from North America

Summary:

Love, love, love this car!

Goes through valve cover gaskets more than the average car. Typical of these cars.

Dodges are quirky with their instrument cluster. This is typical of any Dodge car. Smash the dash and things work.

Upgrade to heavy duty brake pads, and you will not go through them like toilet paper. Changed from OEM to Bendix, not one problem afterwards.

General Comments:

If you do your homework before you buy a car, it will not fail you.

It also helps if you have a great mechanic that has worked on it from day one that you have owned it. It's even better if your father in law is a Dodge mechanic.

Love the idea of the on-board diagnostic codes that even I can read!

Love my Dodges so much, that I bought a 93 Dynasty for my son. Now trying to get a 96 Jeep Cherokee to add to my Dodge lineup.

I had 4 GM motors cars to my one Dodge. Says a lot for them, doesn't it?

Review Date: 14th August, 2010

1990 Dodge Daytona ES 3.0 from North America

Summary:

I love these cars, I think that they are the best!

It leaked oil, so replaced the valve gaskets.

It shakes when going down the road, and I have been told by mechanics that the bearings are going out on it.

My left turn signal hardly works.

My odometer quit, but I fixed it.

The vacuum lines have gone bad on my headlights, so when they are turned off, they have to be cranked back down by hand using the emergency knobs.

The fuel pump just went out this last Christmas.

General Comments:

I love the car, and won't trade it for anything else.

I bought a 97 Eclipse RS and I still love the Daytona even more! It seems to be faster.

I own 3 Daytona's including this one, and the problems they all have had are pretty much minor.

My car is tough; I can drive it to college and know that I will get there safe. It has only broken down on me twice, once the battery terminal loosened up and the second time the fuel pump stopped in the middle of the road. Still not much trouble from it.

It is a road hugger I drove it during the winter last year and wasn't even afraid that I would slide off the road. Actually it handles excellent in rain.

Review Date: 2nd January, 2009

1990 Dodge Daytona Base 2.2 from North America

Summary:

Sporty, tough, dependable

The rear window leaked badly. Ruined all the carpet in the trunk. Had to take the carpet out so that it wouldn't mold. Tried, but couldn't fix this.

Doors were heavy (I like heavy, but they were a little too heavy, would cut a finger right off if slammed on).

The rack went twice.

2.2 was one tough motor, great fuel economy.

Dealer didn't really do much, even though it was new (even with a relative as an employee, nothing was done). I have since had better dealer experience though.

General Comments:

Great handling car. Was smooth and cornered well.

Was very good in snow (front wheel drive and a good weight balance were the causes. Good tires helped too)

Looked pretty cool back in the day. Pop-up head lights were a slick feature (although some stopped working with age. Most cool things break as they get older... its understandable). Had the only bright red one (with an orange stripe) around, turned a lot of heads. They were dated in terms of design, and didn't take long to go out of style, but were cool while they were in.

Felt bad when they stopped making them, thought they could have gone for at least a couple of years longer.

Review Date: 21st March, 2007

1990 Dodge Daytona ES 3.0 from North America

Summary:

I'm Mopar power for life!!!

Windshield wiper bushings need to be replaced. Hard to get them put on the wiper arms. The parts are cheap, just hard to replace them with little space to work with.

Also the left window is off track.

General Comments:

The car is still a great handling car.

It's still quick for its wear and tear. It has an 3.0 with a five speed. I still can get it up to 145mph.

Review Date: 16th June, 2006