2001 Dodge Grand Caravan EX from North America

No good! Don't buy it!

Electronic for sliding doors

Radio breaks down

Power Seat broken.

General Comments:

Where do I start? I got the car in March 2006. On the way home of buying it, the passenger front window only opened when it wanted too and everytime I turned it made a bad noise. I Bring it to the Dealer the next day, he fixes the window and the noise was from the axles which he had to change.

A month later the engine light comes on. I brought it to AutoZone who tells me it's the gas lid. He turns the light off. I drive away and the light turns back on. A few weeks after that I bring it in because the passenger sliding door (electronic) doesn't always lock. Along with the one driver's side sliding door. The power seat for the driver's seat doesn't work. They are now telling me that the reason the engine light is on is because I have a cracked piped that connects to the gas tank!!! Which obviously is not covered in the warranty. A squicky noise is heard on and off when driving. I braught it in, in September 2006. Pay the deductable and off I am with the car.

A few months later, the squicky noise is back. The side door stops working again and by then I need new breaks (less than 1 year after purchasing it), along with Transmission fluid flush and tires.

I bring it in again, in august this year. The squicky noise is still happening, which I find out is the transmission. I bring it in for the transmission and the door to be fixed and off I go. A week later the door stops locking (or stays locked and won't unlock) and the transmission keeps making noise. My husband takes a look and sees that a screw is loose. We bring it back in. They, again, fix the transmission and the door. Now, I need the hose pipe fixed and a new ABS controller. I start to save a little for it.

SO I bring it to another mechanic to get a second opinion. He is now telling me that the ABS is completely down, the transmission needs to be changed (less than a month after getting it repaired) and there are loose cables that are the reason why my doors (oh yeah, and the trunk stopped opening at times!) and the trunk lack power!

On top of that, my radio just broke down!

I have had this van for less than 2 years and I contantly have to bring it in to get fixed.. and the same mecanical issues come up and once you fix them, new ones appear! It's a never ending story! I should have never baught this van! I regret it every day! DO NOT BUY THE DODGE GRAND CARAVAN! I was warned, I didn't listen and here I am! Still owing on the van and having, so far, $2000 of repairs to get done.

Review Date: 20th November, 2007

3rd Dec 2007, 14:27

Hello, I'm Gilbert from CA USA, I have the EXACT same thing to say about Dodge Caravan! I feel the same way you do! Read my comments on review title "Beautiful van, but a true loser when it comes to quality!"

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport 3.3L from North America

Roomy Mini-Van, but Worst Repairs Ever!!!

Replaced with NEW transmission after 6 years - $3,500.00.

Repaired Stabilization Bars over 4 times.

Oil Leaks repairs that cost over $400.00.

Repaired (Brakes, Brake Drums, Front Lights)

General Comments:

I have never been more unsatisfied with a vehicle in my life. Most of the Dodge dealers have failed repairs many times, so I had to come back again so they could fix their mistakes. All of the Dodge Dealers also do not guarantee a car to use while they are working on my mini van. All of the Dodge dealers around the Chicagoland area have very shady Salesmen, but I guess they have to, since they are selling vehicles that have more repair problems than competitors. After I get rid of my 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport, I will NEVER BUY a vehicle from the DaimlerChrysler Corporation - EVER AGAIN!!!

Review Date: 18th April, 2007