1998 Fiat Seicento Sporting from UK and Ireland - Comments

10th Aug 2008, 10:49

Hi - Just bought a 53 plate Seicento - love it but having trouble getting mats to fit - any suggestions. Very nippy, insurance has come down by £100 and half the tax - who's complaining. Lovely little car - just have to get used to the pedals so close together.

21st Aug 2008, 06:43

Looking to buy one, but would want to fit a turbo to the 899cc lump. This is not a joke, as I have always had turbo cars. Can anyone help???

8th Aug 2009, 06:21

I have a yellow S reg Abarth Sporting. I can do 100mph, and reckon the car would go faster if I wanted it to.

The people saying they don't believe they can go that quick obviously have never driven a Seicento.

I absolutely love my car, I have had problems with getting into 1st and 2nd gear, and the handbrake is on its way out, but I would still recommend a Seicento to anyone looking for a first car; they are well worth the money.

25th Nov 2009, 16:52

I don't have a Fiat, but if I did, I'd sell it.

12th Dec 2009, 20:16

Hi all, just got myself a Seicento Sporting 1.1 2000. Looking for mods for it already. What size wheels go with out trouble? Anyone help? And how much will it set me back to turbo up? It's only got 3000 miles on, but I want it looking and sounding mint ready for the summer, and are there any owners clubs out there? Any advice would be a great help. Cheers

gman3000@live.co.uk

7th Nov 2010, 05:10

Looking at buying a X reg Fiat Seicento 1.2 Sporting, 7300 miles on the clock, black. Am worried about comments on the clutch, can anyone advise, sounds like a good car, only thing wrong with it was the rear windscreen wiper is inoperative. Is £1200 a good price from a trader?

6th Dec 2010, 16:46

Brilliant price, go for it. Don't worry about the clutch, it's a common fault for the 1999 models.

I was wondering how can I make my Seicento faster? It's not a sporting, it's a "s", and I have done 80 comfortably, but there no rev counter in mine. How can I make it faster?

I was thinking about doing the camshaft, but where can I get a performance one from???

7th Dec 2010, 13:11

The 1242 Punto 60 engine is easily converted in the Seicento Sporting. It just slots right in and you can use a 1.2 16v Punto camshaft, GSR or Focus induction kit, 4-2-1 manifold and chip.

Check www.fiatforum.com

30th Jul 2011, 19:04

Hey all, I've just got a Seicento Sporting Abarth. I've driven a few before and loved em, but mine has a problem; sat at lights, it sometimes tries to cut out, but gives itself a kick and comes back in. I look like an idiot revving my car at lights, and I have no filters in my filter box; is this a problem?

14th May 2012, 16:38

Not sure if this is too late, but I had the same problem with a Punto... turned out to be a faulty water/coolant temperature sensor. Think it was blue... caused the revs to go up and down when sat at the lights. Fluctuating between idle and 2.5k revs.

1st Oct 2012, 15:55

My Fiat Seicento 1.1 Arbarth does 117mph tops, and that's been turbo'd and remapped. No way will a standard Seicento do 120mph ha ha.

29th Oct 2013, 13:02

I agree my friend; same problem, I needed a new clutch and gearbox.

Add another comment