1987 Ford Crown Victoria LTD Station Wagon 4.6 liter from North America

Summary:

I love this car, its very comfortable and powerful

The transmission slips sometimes in 4th gear overdrive, but its fine.

The air conditioner doesn't work.

General Comments:

I love this car. It was my childhood car and now that I'm 16 I drive it sometimes.

Its been to Florida (from Maine) twice and after 200,000 miles is still going strong!

The power that I get in a station wagon is amazing, people can't believe it.

It isn't so great in the snow, but if you get a running start you can make it up snowy hills.

Review Date: 11th February, 2004

12th Feb 2004, 09:32

Hokay. You're 16 now and you bought the car 17 years ago in 1987.

Quite a feat indeed. Making it to 200K miles palls in comparison.

1987 Ford Crown Victoria LTD 302 5.0 from North America

Summary:

Toughest car ever made by Ford yet

This car has went over 900000 three times and is now on its fourth time around the only thing that I had a problem with was the catalytic converter and the gas tank.

General Comments:

I got this puppy for my 16th birthday from my dad its god a 302 high output in her and I got almost 360 H.P. coming out of her right now I'm pretty hard on this cars engine and it can take quite a beating as well as it can give quite a beating.

Review Date: 27th February, 2003

22nd Nov 2005, 20:59

Wow!!! I thought the odometer going over twice was dangerous. did you ever have any problems with your differential?

1987 Ford Crown Victoria LX 5.0 from North America

Summary:

Attractive, high performance car

Previous owner, my aunt, allowed rust to build up in the radiator. It took three tries to get all the rust out.

Cassette player doesn't work.

General Comments:

The car was barely broken in when my aunt sold it to me. Therefore, it runs like new. The 39000 were actual miles. She only drove it 300 miles from September 2000 to September 2001.

The Crown Vic has great acceleration and rides as smoothly at 75mph as at 45.

I receive complements about her ride and appearance.

Review Date: 31st May, 2002

1987 Ford Crown Victoria LX 5.0L from North America

Summary:

A rip roaring grocery getter

Nothing really, I gave it a high performance tune-up when I first got it and kept up on the maintenance.

General Comments:

They have a lot of potential that most people don't know about. They are a great riding car and perform very well for their size.

Review Date: 18th December, 2001

3rd Oct 2002, 19:49

I own a 1987 Ford Ltd Crown Victoria and her review wasn't bad; but the car had a lot of problems for me! I rebuilt the engine, transmission, the brakes. and theres a lot of minor problems with this car; a/c doesn't work back two windows don't work, my radio doesn't work! I just recently put $600.00 into it to replace the gas tank, the radiator, and the return fuel line. there not cheap cars, but they are comfortable!

1987 Ford Crown Victoria LTD 5.0L V8 from North America

Summary:

A powerful, reliable cruiser

Left turn signal went out when I installed a new speaker, works sporadically (however manually blinking it still works).

Passenger side rear window motor belt is broken.

General Comments:

I really love my car. I inherited it last October, and it's a beautiful car.

It's awesome to slap in some blues and cruise the streets. Very comfy.

I'm confident in its reliability: my uncle's got one with 250,000 miles on it and it's still ticking.

Review Date: 11th May, 2001

1987 Ford Crown Victoria LX Country Squire V8 302 from North America

Summary:

It was a great car, I miss it a lot

Brakes.

Head gasket.

General Comments:

It was my second car, I was 23 when I bought my first one.

I have always like wagons, this was my first.

Before it got wrecked it was in mint condion.

It was gray with wood grain and a red interior.

On my way to work some moron ran a red light and smashed into the side of me.

I just bought another 1987 Country Squire.

Wish me luck.

Review Date: 18th April, 2001

25th Aug 2001, 01:36

I hear ya pal, I had an '86 Crown Victoria 2-door coupe. My sister ended totaling it into the side of a mini-van. I really miss the V-8 power and the sound of it after I took the Y-pipe coming off the headers. I could set off car alarms with that bad-boy!

11th Apr 2003, 14:18

Nice old luxury car. I just bought an 86 from one of my homeboys and I'm fixing it up a little. It looks nice wit 18s, but could use 20s. I have old cracked top though and am going to try to see where I can get it replaced and only 1 of the windows work. After a little work it should be a good car again.