2005 Ford Crown Victoria Reviews

Year of manufacture2005
Engine and transmission 4.6L V8 Automatic
Distance when acquired12000 miles
Previous carFord Taurus

Nothing at all, just normal maintenance. Tires, brakes, and etc.

General Comments:

I absolutely love this car. I bought it from a family friend two years ago. She bought it brand new, and the only reason she was selling it was to get a new Crown Vic in a different color.

She gave it to me for a steal, since I was in college. Everyone complains about the outdated looks, and that it doesn't have much power. I don't know what they were driving, but this car has amazing power. It's also extremely comfortable. I've gone on two road trips over ten hours long. This car performed perfectly. On the last trip I got 28.7 MPG. I couldn't believe it, for being a V-8 full size car, that is amazing. Also I haven't had any problems whatsoever with the car.

Also I like the looks of the car, I hate when a car manufacturer changes the looks of a car and they do a horrible job on it. Why mess with a good thing. Also this car has very nice features. It has a moonroof, 6 disc CD changer, all digital dashboard (absolutely love it), adjustable pedals, and the trunk is amazing.

I'm so sad that they are discontinuing the Crown Victorias, Grand Marquis, and Town Cars. When I decide to get a new car in a few years, I will definitely look for another one with low mileage.

Review Date: 23rd September, 2009

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Standard 4.6 -224HP from Kingdom of Bahrain

Year of manufacture2005
Engine and transmission 4.6 -224HP Automatic
Previous carFord Ranger

Summary:

The "American Spirit" at its finest!

None, the car is an '05 brand new.

General Comments:

As you'd expect from "The Crown Victoria", a lot of room for the driver and the passengers to sit very comfortably, with good space for the legs for both the front and rear passengers.

The acceleration is great and the take off from stationary is very good considering the automatic transmission.

Plus, the handling feels good even in the curves.

What I really love about this car; that in my home country - a small island in the middle east - most of people prefer the small Japanese and Korean cars, because those cars usually offer high fuel efficincy and are considered economical for the low income people. Which makes the V4 (1.6 & 1.8) the most common thing on the street. So you can imagine my confidence when I'm behind the wheel of my big American machine with a V8 4.6 engine... It just boost up my EGO :-)

Add to that, the safety that big American cars offer, and the Crown Victoria is no exception.

The very nice design means that luxury comes as standard with the Crown Victoria.

The dealers treatment is very professional and I'm really happy with this car, as I am with my other Ford.

I read many articles about the Crown Vic. before I bought it, and now I think I did the right thing, and I believe it provided excellent value for my money.

Review Date: 24th September, 2005

23rd Nov 2005, 09:53

Yeah damn right the big ford is a big beast, but when it came to importing it from the good old US of A I'm sure the non posing low income earners must wish daddy buy them one too.

5th Feb 2006, 18:43

This Ford vehicle is among the few vehicles from Ford namely F-Series E-series and Mustang that does not need a transmission repair or replacement sooner than a Dodge.

What Crown Victorians do not know is that this vehicle is a toaster oven waiting to toast its occupants to death once it gets rear ended by a fast approaching vehicle.

At least 20 Police officers have died due to poor design and location of Crown Victorias fuel tank in the rear and within the crush zones of the car. Other car manufacturers keep fuel tanks out of the crush zones.

Check Crown Victoria Safety issues on the internet. I thank God that I found out just in time and did not buy this bed of death.