2004 Ford Explorer Reviews - Page 2 of 2

2004 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V6 4.0 Liter SOHC 5-speed from North America

Model year2004
Year of manufacture2003
Engine and transmission 4.0 Liter SOHC 5-speed Automatic

Summary:

The Ford SUV with an urbane and muscular attitude at the same time!

The Eddie Bauer is one year old and no problems this far! Routine maintenance has been the only thing that has needed to be done.

General Comments:

I really love this Eddie Bauer--it is a major step-up from the previous generation.

You get heated seats--a big plus in the cold Northwest and wonderful audio systems and dashboard.

It is a pleasure to take on long trips. I drove it all the way to Canada and back to go fishing and the ride was just heavenly. The big alloy tires and fine-tuned suspension iron out most bumps on the road.

It is also a fine accelerator, despite its brawny build. I clocked about 8-9 seconds accelerating to highway speed.

Also, contrary to popular belief for a vehicle of this size is its economy. We have two Explorers, and the Eddie Bauer is bigger and returns better economy, about 19 mpg on the highway.

It is also very quiet when compared to its predecessor. You sometimes can forget the kind of car you drive. It sometimes seems like a big luxury sedan.

All around, a great SUV. One of my personal favorites. I encourage people to check out an Eddie Bauer explorer.

Review Date: 16th November, 2004

16th Mar 2005, 22:31

I couldn't agree more with these comments on the 2004 Eddie Bauer. I am from Vancouver Canada and really like the ride even in 4-wheel drive - good for snow and the ski hills. This is my first SUV and I was very concerned about how smooth a ride I would get - with the Eddie Bauer, there is no issue here.

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT from North America