2008 Ford F150 Reviews - Page 2 of 2

2008 Ford F150 XL 4.2 V6 from North America

Model year2008
Engine and transmission 4.2 V6 Manual
Previous carMitsubishi Galant

Summary:

Nice basic transportation - fantastic deal

Nothing yet.

General Comments:

My first truck. Was looking to buy a cheap used car and saw ad for a new 2008 F-150 (in Oct 2008) for only $10,500!

I went to the dealer without finishing breakfast and bought it. It had 19 miles on it when I signed the papers - probably 15 of those from my highway test drive.

Air conditioning, lots of room behind the bucket seats, factory bed liner, and some clever little text message system and odometer combo.

I haven't seen any new vehicles that cheap since. Even the little Rangers cost more.

My 94 Festiva lasted 11 years before I sold it. I figure this full size truck will last me at least 12 since I don't load it up any more than I did my Festiva. (Maybe less - the Festiva had 4 passenger seating.)

Not a fast vehicle, but spunky and takes off well.

Review Date: 25th July, 2009

2008 Ford F150 XLT with XTR package 5.4L from North America

Model year2008
Engine and transmission 5.4L Automatic
Previous carHonda Civic

Summary:

Absolutely love it

No problems whatsoever.

General Comments:

Gorgeous truck! Love the way it feels, the way it rides, the power, the safe feeling, the visibility, the standard features and the way it looks. Lots of compliments here. I chose an '08 F-150 XLT / XTR package 4x4 SuperCrew in Bright Red, added a Weatherguard tool box and love every minute of driving it. STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.

And: To all of you old enough to remember the so-called "gas shortage" in the 70's and the gas scares of the 80's, it's happening again so now is the time to grab a great deal on less economical (but safer, more reliable & fun to drive) vehicle. I saved 14,000 bucks + taxes on my baby and gas dropped 33% within 2 months already!!! The price of cool trucks is going to rise again, it always does.

PS: I will NEVER go back to a Japanese car or truck again. Both Honda & Toyota have been nothing but headaches, not only the cars but the dealerships / service departments. Ford has treated me great and this, my second Ford truck, has been a joy to drive, neither has EVER let me down and the dealerships / service dept's have been excellent.

Review Date: 28th October, 2008

2008 Ford F150 XL 4.2 from North America

Previous carChevrolet S-10

Summary:

Great looking full size truck!!

Nothing yet.

General Comments:

Comfortable, good ride.

Put a towing hitch on it (Hidden Hitch) It pulls nicely.

Had 2 ATVs on it and it does quite well. I do appreciate the factory installed wiring harness for trailer lights.

Changed stock AM/FM radio for a JVC CD player, sounds great.

Truck has a high stance to it, I like the way it sits. 17" wheels are great (standard equip)

Ford has the computer set in these trucks to run lean at an idle. They say it's for less emissions and they will not change it. Sometimes feels like it's running just a little rough at a red light.

The windows are a little thinner in this model and the metal seems a little "light" on it. Road noise is a little bothersome sometimes, but it is a base model, I realize that.

Overall I love this truck. I am averaging around 18MPG between city and highway driving.

Review Date: 19th February, 2008

16th May 2008, 18:02

I am the writer of the above review.

***update***

I now have 7300 miles on the truck and it is 5 months old.

It has been to the shop 4 times now for not running right; it smokes black in the mornings. Ford has run every test they can think of up to this point, and now they want to monitor my "oil useage" over the next 1000 miles. I thought oil smoked BLUE? Anyway, the truck seems to have lost some of it's power. I am considering using the Lemon Law. It has always had a bit of a rough idle, so I think this may be a prelude to an even bigger issue down the road. It is disappointing; a great looking truck, and my first new vehicle ever.