1) The power steering pump has been replaced, as has the alternator - don't really understand why the alternator is situated under the pump.
2) New starter motor in 2010 (old one was original).
3) Seats were a bit bashed around by my brother's kids (his other half drove it around when he got a company car, then he gave it to me).
4) Despite being badly neglected by its main user for nearly 10 years, virtually no maintenance, it has been going great with some TLC and regular maintenance. No oil leaks!
5) Doesn't sometimes overheat, and doesn't like extremely humid weather.
6) Auto trans doing really well with yearly services.
7) Seat belt stalks will need replacing soon as one seizes up.
I inherited this car from my brother, who had to get a new car for his missus, who goes through cars like nothing else, due to not maintaining them.
Incidentally, the car that replaced my car is now in a bad way, and my car, though not as good aesthetically, is miles ahead mechanically.
My Ford EA 1990 has been extremely reliable, only breaking down once due to the starter motor. Once I gave it a hit, it started back up and got me home so I could replace it.
I'm not sure as to all the reasons why, but I love this car, and would love to do it up to the be the best car it could be aesthetically and mechanically.
I'm looking to make it dual fuel to save running costs.