2005 Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.25 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Excellent Ford

Nothing has gone wrong.

Only minor niggle is the alarming amount of coolant that disappears over time, and needs topping up.

General Comments:

I quite like this car. It looks good, goes well, is huge inside & is cheap to run.

The fuel economy on the car is excellent, being better than my old Austin Metro. It pulls well, and I've had it up to 100mph and it seems in no bother.

It looks good in its metallic blue. One thing this car is missing is that magic X factor, but I still wash it every fortnight or so.

The car has A/C and all the toys, although if you put them all on at once, the car has zero power.

One last point; there is no where to put your left foot on the motorway.

I like this car and it seems an excellent compromise. I've owned it 3 years and have not yet dreamed of owning anything else.

Review Date: 9th December, 2008

2005 Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 petrol from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Smashing little car, great fun to drive

I've only had the car 1 month now, and it seems to be going well. However I don't know if it's just me, but I find it sometimes extremely difficult to select reverse; it just sometimes seems to not want to go in.

Another small thing is the spring on the clutch pedal; it makes a terrible squeaking noise and I just can't get rid of it.

General Comments:

Overall I find the Fiesta Zetec a smashing little car. My previous car was a Vauxhall Corsa 1.2, and compared to that it's a 'rocket-ship'.

The 1.4 Duratec engine puts out 80bhp, but it delivers it well, with fantastic acceleration in 1st, 2nd and even 3rd gear. Ford state the car will do 104mph, which I believe it will do with ease.

If you are looking for a fun quick affordable little car, I would certainly recommend one.

Review Date: 1st September, 2007

3rd Sep 2007, 08:36

80 bhp? They've cut its nuts off! I had this engine in a decade old mkIV where it made 90 bhp and in a car that weighed 200kg less. That was fun!

2005 Ford Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Medium fun

A rattle under the rear seats; I have found that trim on Fiestas seem to come loose and rattle at speed, or if windy.

General Comments:

This car is not as nippy as the C2, and the handling, despite other comments, I find to be loose, and there is a lot of roll on cornering.

The engine however, at 3-4000 revs, purrs beautifully, but loses power at the top end of the revs.

Review Date: 6th August, 2007

2005 Ford Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 from UK and Ireland

I have had the car for just over a year, and have had several problems.

First, there was a oil leak, which had to be taken into Ford 3 times for them to fix it properly.

Second, the window switch snapped.

Third, my rear window heater stopped working completely.

Fourth, there was a recall on the car because of the clutch shaft.

But saying everything above, Ford's warranty has fixed them all for me free of charge, which I think is good service, but just problems you don't need.

General Comments:

As for the car itself, I think it is amazing.

Handling - The handling the car is 10/10, just like a go kart. There is not another car I have driven which is as much fun as this.

Performance - Performance is a great coming out of bends, as it has low gear ratios, so there is plenty of pull in low revs and high, Saying this though, the car could have some more bhp, which would help in comparison with other cars.

Build - This car is built well, but as always with Ford, there's the plastic feel inside, and the CD player and speakers could be improved a lot. You do get sport seats, which are comfortable and keep you stable in your seat.

Overall - I love this car, and it is still the most fun I have had. As for handling, I can't find anything like it in the price range. Sadly I'm going to have to sell it though, because of the mpg. Maybe diesel power next.

Review Date: 15th May, 2007