Ford Flex Reviews - Page 2 of 3

Model year2010
Year of manufacture2009
Most recent distance2000 miles
Previous carHonda Odyssey

Summary:

We love it!

New Car: Nothing has gone wrong.

Old Car: Passenger seat was terribly uncomfortable, drivers seat was a little better. Had noise in wheel bearings that could not be located.

General Comments:

We love the Flex. It is extremely comfortable for driver and passengers. It glides down the road. It handles wonderfully. A lot of storage. The Flex has style and comfort. After having 2 mini-vans, it feels nice to have both. A good compromise between a mini-van and a sedan.

I wish the passenger could set the destination on the navigation system.

I wish the lights could be run on auto during the day.

Review Date: 14th December, 2009

30th Mar 2011, 06:40

You can leave the lights on auto at anytime. Maybe you don't have daytime running lights though.

31st Dec 2011, 12:22

Leave your headlight switch on the Auto setting (with or without the fog lights on), and the lights will come on and off on their own. Even if it's daylight and you turn on the windshield wipers, the lights will come on automatically.

2009 Ford Flex SEL 3.5L Duratec from North America

Model year2009
Year of manufacture2009
Engine and transmission 3.5L Duratec Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Malibu

Summary:

Smooth, roomy, comfort!

Nothing.

General Comments:

This, so far, is one of the best cars I've ever owned.

When this car first came out I thought, UGLY! But when I took this for a test drive I was sold. The exterior grew on me.

So far I haven't had any problems, though one of the doors seems like it doesn't close like the rest of them.

One thing I should mention is that if you have more than 5 people that you plan on hauling (assuming you have the 7 seater), the cargo area behind the third row is almost useless for long trips.

I went tailgating with 6 people including myself (I have a 6-seater) and it got pretty tight. Luckily I have rail bars on the Flex if I get into a pinch.

Other then that no regrets at all, I love the Flex!!

Review Date: 3rd December, 2009

4th Dec 2009, 15:17

I just have to ask... Why did you bother driving it if you thought it was ugly? I don't tend to have any further interest in a car if I find it unattractive from the start. First impressions are everything after all... Just wondering.

10th Dec 2009, 11:58

Yes, My wife and I were at the dealership waiting to test drive a Ford Edge. While waiting, we got in a Flex and were really impressed. Then we test drove it, just for fun. We were impressed some more. The impressive ride and interior made the exterior styling not so hurtful on the eyes... to finally loving it, due to its unique look!

30th Mar 2011, 06:46

I have always believed you should consider vehicles within your budget and fits your needs. Cosmetics are just cosmetics. We too were not nuts about the styling, but now we love it and absolutely LOVE the vehicle. It's got good power, hauls people and stuff easily and gets decent gas mileage to boot; plus it doesn't look like every other car on the road!

31st Mar 2011, 09:37

15:17: I thought "you shouldn't judge a book by its cover?"

18th Apr 2011, 21:52

Lots of things will grow on you. Look at the Prius, when they first came out I thought they were the ugliest thing on earth, and now it's no big deal. The first vehicle I thought of when I saw the Flex was an early 60's Chevy panel truck. Very boxy, yet cool look to it.

22nd Feb 2013, 22:12

One of the best interiors in a car in a long time. Methinks Jaguar, Land Rover and Volvo all had influence here.

The exterior is at odds with current trends. Its brother, the Lincoln MKT is a more contemporary version.

I find the Lincoln MKT hideous, and the Flex attractive.

2009 Ford Flex SE 3.5L V6 from North America

Model year2009
Year of manufacture2008
Engine and transmission 3.5L V6 Automatic
Previous carFord Windstar

Summary:

Sharp, you can't help but notice it

Plastic rear window moldings cracked (minor and replaced promptly), transmission shifting problem (working on/going in for), missing interior hardware around passenger door handle (minor).

General Comments:

Love the look of the car inside and out. It rides great. I probably would add tilt wheel as an option, I do get a little uncomfortable. I love SYNC.

Review Date: 30th November, 2009

4th Jul 2010, 19:03

Uh, no this design is not a good look, one of the ugliest vehicles made. Just terrible, can't even stand to look at it.

5th Jul 2010, 12:47

I agree with the commentor above me. The Ford Flex is by far the ugliest vehicle ever produced. I'd take a Pontiac Aztek over one of these any day (and those are hideous too).