1992 Ford Mustang Reviews - Page 2 of 3

1992 Ford Mustang LX Convertible 2.2L 4-cylinder from North America

Engine and transmission 2.2L 4-cylinder Automatic

Summary:

Fun in the sun, but a pinch in the pocketbook

The transmission has malfunctioned three times since I bought the car. Twice the mechanics said that it was fixed and the third actually was fixed.

The alternator and starter went right about the same time.

The rag bolt on the steering column went not too long ago.

One of the power door locks stopped working. Also the back driver's side power window motor broke.

The check engine light is on all the time, I have no idea why.

And finally, the fan and timing belts both needed to be replaced.

General Comments:

To tell the truth, even with all of the problems, I love my car. There is very little trunk space as well as the inside of the car. The interior of the car has sustained the tests of time though. The seats are in good condition. I installed a new sound system with CD player and the sound is excellent. For really hot days in Florida though, the convertible top is fun to have.

Overall, if you want a car that is fun, but needs some attention, this is the car for you!

Review Date: 9th June, 2004

18th Mar 2009, 04:50

I also have pretty much the exact same problems with my car, but my trans has never had any problems, and I also love my car as well.

1992 Ford Mustang GT Hatchback. HO V8 5.0 from North America

Engine and transmission HO V8 5.0 Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Nova

Summary:

The sexiest funny racer

Since I bought it, although I have to rebuilt the transmission, nothing mechanical so far.

A couple of things not working as the odometer and the power rear mirrors.

General Comments:

My pony has all the power you can wait of, and I've smoked everything off the green light, sounds pretty.

Too bad traction on rear wheels, if you don't know these cars and want to race it, could be dangerous.

Although it's not comfy as a Caddy, for the fun you get despite it. Besides, is really strong.

I would not recommend this car to teenagers because could be deadly for them.

This is an American classic muscle car, cheap, not a gas guzzler and you can remodel the car the way you want to make it unique. I won't sell it.

I'm saving money to change some things on it, first the transmission.

Review Date: 25th January, 2004

5th Nov 2006, 15:59

This is me again. So far I can tell my car is a tank!!

I had my transmission serviced, and did some make up to my baby. Unfortunately it got stolen last April since some idiots were awaiting for a good chance to take it away. Well, I've bought a '96 gt with bolt-ons and a manual transmission. I't a nice car, but some time later I could recovered back my black baby just without the stereo, speakers, and without mufflers, but in perfect conditions.

Even though, the '96 has mods. and runs faster than my '92 gt, I prefer my old baby since it's easier to work in and is a classic, besides having some narrower tires gets better handling and feels more like a mustang, the newer one feels more like one of those boats on the road, which is not bad, but not as hardcore as the old baby.

I still look forward to improve both my cars and keep them forever!!

1992 Ford Mustang GT 302 High OutPut, 5.0L from North America

Engine and transmission 302 High OutPut, 5.0L Manual
Previous carFord Mustang

Summary:

A high performance, inexpensive, musle car!

Nothing has gone wrong with this car.

It is a great car that is fun to drive.

The performance capability is just awesome and there are so many mods to choose from.

The stock 5 speed is also very reliable and can handle quite a beating.

General Comments:

The 1987-1993 models of the Mustang GT are, in my opinion, the best.

These years offer style with performance.

Rank: 10/10.

Review Date: 7th February, 2003

1992 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 from North America

Distance when acquired112000 miles
Previous carFord Mustang

Summary:

A great car for anyone looking for a fun ride

The only problem I have had is a bolt that holds the driver seat to the floor plans busted through. It had done this before to a previous owner, because when I went to fix it I saw where they had made a poor attempt to temporarily fix it. I fixed it properly and have had no other problems.

General Comments:

This is a great car and very powerful. However, it is very light in the rear, which makes for some scary moments if you push the accelerator to hard on some corners. Make sure you keep good tires on it and, if you live in a rainy climate, you might want to think about weighing down the rear.

The interior is not too desirable, but, it is functional and about what you would expect from a cheap sports car.

Overall, it's a wonderful car (what else would you expect from a Mustang?) and a joy to drive, just make sure you watch that heavy foot around the turns.

Review Date: 13th January, 2003